Airport Epoch: Distance

Airport Epoch: Distance

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated 'diary' of airport-experience(s) and the environment-consciousness of the symbolic/iconic transit-building enumeration.

"
A travel-journal/vignette about what's made the 'airport' an Earth-gem of transit-energizers, inspired by the series Airline
----
====

I'd been inside the airport of the Windy City on Earth and took stock/note of the colored traffic and thoroughfare as well as personnel/employees of the various areas/terminals of the building and realized that social-media IQ catered to a 'photography' interest in travelers' experiences/environments or simply 'Selfie' energy.



I noted the colorful stewardesses/flight-attendants in their varied uniforms and self-representative dress for their respective companies/airlines and wondered about the 'magic' of labor/work in this developed age of commercial transit-travel and the securities-IQ that goes with it (in the post-9/11 ages!).



I thought about the planes in the air that land and ascend from the airport(s) and wondered about the 'color' and tones of commercial air-travel and how companies/airlines had become symbols or diadems of the capitalism highway(s) simply because of the expenses/investments in global traffic in the post-9/11 era.



I noted one area of the airport (food-court) in which the Indian national women's chess-team was simply sitting/eating and practicing chess-tactic/moves while they waited for their flight and their 'entourage' took videos/photos, prompting me to take a 'quickie' myself for social-media re-presentation (hmm).



AIRPORT STAFF: We've numerous companies (airlines!) that 'harbor' with us, and we invest in each airline's sense(s) of motion.



In other words, the Airport had become a global diamond of transit-motion consciousness, making it a 'hub' for pluralist-traffic and commercial travel imagination/securities, and it's 'invited' folks to use their handy-dandy smartphone-cameras to take images/stock of the 'breadth' of air-travel frequency/wavelength(s) and the nature of modern transit storytelling or diarism. It's a great place to get food/drink too, while you wait or after you land!



Many airports offer differing designs in the interiors of the building(s), and it comes no shock that the airport wants the traveler to 'feel' like they're part of some 'walking' or journey-man/woman experience, something even a Martian (or alien!) would count as a 'conscious' adventure of the modern planet.



I met a beautiful woman inside the Airport and began dating her during one of my Euro-trips, and inside our nearby/neighboring hotel-room, we enjoyed an on-demand (movie!) feature of a classic/iconic airplane-airport themed film, which reminded us (both) why the Airport had become a human race 'image' of pure energy (wow).



GIRLFRIEND: You write about airports existentially, despite your certain Catholic belief(s); I wonder about epistemology...

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on November 4, 2022
Last Updated on November 4, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5