Alien Board

Alien Board

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated account of an Earth-prince who studies civilization complexity and thinks like a 'James Bond' writer and must defy a Martian execution.

"
An 'Earth-analytics' journal-vignette inspired by K-PAX (Kevin Spacey). Enjoy, 
----

====

I studied at Dartmouth/Seton-Hall before moving to Boston where I'd been living off some family-inheritance money while making cyber-journals and Christian shorts and visiting Harvard-Square for park-table chess with 'gypsies' and sharing Selfie-buzz with some new net-pals on social-media. My name's Amlan Satan, and I'm a fan of the cyber-energy on Earth.



While playing in the park with Harvard-Square chess-fans, I started to think about how stalemate-chess, a special condition in the historic piece-position motion game (a game of symmetry/diagonals strategy and decision-making of risk/prediction/formulation) involving a perfect parallel between opponents or tie/draw, symbolized a globalism-IQ regarding competition stability and predictive rivalry orientations for hypothetical elastic equilibrium (arguably reflected in Cold-War chess-media surrounding the USA-USSR Fischer-Spassky chess-champion match). I started thinking about how my Harvard-Square park-chess visits/play cast in me special 'daydreams' about wrought political levels in today's world of capitalist ambitions/fury.



I'd been privately spending some of my post-graduate amenity time to study a modern problem in the globe involving gem-piracy and 'blood-diamond' (conflict-zone mined gems by warlords partly to finance rogue terrorism) smugglers vehicles and began blogging online, as a concerned 'Earth-prince'/citizen about the dire need for substitution-asset evaluations linked to improved gem-insurance reports for media undoing the aura/power of corrupt investors in blood-diamond markets. I started thinking like a ninja about this capitalist 'issue' and why modern intelligence requires a special 'chess-ninja' infiltration into the underground of gem-piracy smugglers holdings.



Since 9/11, the human race had been on-edge about qualities in governance-controls and terrorism journals, and I made some 'cool' cyber-blogs about the nature of covert intelligence and 'fantastic' comics-tales of super-patriots contending with lethal adversaries of democratic civilization, during my time meditating/reading/blogging about the qualities of the human imagination, as a Christian-Catholic Algerian-American man of Boston and happy/proud US citizen of the new millennium.



My cyber-channel was hacked by a spying Martian named Endymion who found me a 'cool' secret chess-fan/aficionado and 'writer' of stalemate-chess significance/symbolism and wanted to challenge me to a stalemate-draw to warrant a sovereignty-diplomacy accord with him or a non-invasion policy, but only if I proved my 'human worth' in science-fiction curiosity and through stalemate-chess patience/acumen, which I miraculously managed to do, with a rook-bishop diagonal balance-act against the Martian's 'furious' queen-knight marches, perhaps because he was right about my 'mental fascination' with sci-fi stories about the 'dimensions' of alien consciousness, which requires a certain exposition imagination (ha).



The Martian explained he'd arrive at Harvard-Square to challenge me to the stalemate-dare disguised as a bearded 'sage' humanoid named Bill, and when he arrived, I recognized him and greeted him and proceeded to 'draw' that stalemate-excellence he demanded for the warranted 'safety/exemption' from Invasion by his species, with his macro-population mind-control abilities. Bill/Endymion explained he'd not use his mind-warp powers against me during the chess-match and this would be the only way to 'pardon' and save my species and allow it to return to its 'drama' life/activities like movie-downloads (in peace!).



ENDYMION: Why'd you believe I chose you, prince Amlan?
ME: Well...I imagine it's what you implied...that you like the way I conceive human world rationalism/chess.
ENDYMION: You're a 'good' blend of Ian Fleming and Bobby Fischer, I'd say!
ME: I managed to draw that stalemate-chess you demanded for sovereignty-contract.
ENDYMION: Yes; now I shall self-exile myself to the Earth's deep-ocean abyss as a peaceful (secret) resident.
ME: I suppose I should write that 'human race chess' novel about politics of civilization now, like Ian Fleming!
ENDYMION: I think you'd enjoy such an enterprise/ambition, and you should get married too, triumph-man.



This Martian Endymion, who greeted me in-person as the humanoid-disguised Harvard-Square chess-player named 'Bill' reminded me of a DC Comics antihero underworld mastermind, the strange and potent Ra's al Ghul, who challenges the iconic masked American city-vigilante of great pensive courage, Batman. Like Ra's, Bill/Endymion wielded the sort of chess-prowess arrogance/vanity required I suppose of a 'stranger' man invading the 'simpler' world of trafficked cities as an incendiary with thoughts of 'psyche-dissection' for an entire race. That's why I compared myself to Batman himself, as I used 'chess-IQ' to evade his 'prompt' for immediate Earth-race focus and drew him to that self-exile non-contact 'peace' residency status he'd only accept if chess satisfied (which it miraculously did!). I imagined I'd warded off the darkness of Bill/Endymion, an 'adversary' inciting man to more 'complexity' than it would afford given its own 'darkened' ledgers of civics-extremes (e.g., blood-diamonds), just as Batman would 'exorcise' the haunting 'Machiavellian' presence of Ra's al Ghul, a 'nemesis' portrayed in multiple kinds of DC-media/artworks.



After this triumph, I decided to purchase a baseball-figurine chess-set/board, on which I'd create synthetic models of great World Series matchups of powerhouses, rivals, underdogs, stars, repeat-teams, etc. I'd use these models to conceive of why/how the invader-incendiary Martian (Endymion) chose our human race and specifically me as potential 'challengers' to his darkly Machiavellian scheme to subjugate a species if it failed to meet any criterion-standard of perfectly diagrammed (or uniform!) social expression.



ENDYMION: I shall resign myself to the Earth-ocean abyss and erect my own deep-water dome-habitat now.
ME: Excellence; you should have a 'fine' isolationist experience down there, with our peace-compact, now.
ENDYMION: Seems we've both learned something about intrigue and spice, eh?
ME: Indeed; I'd been studying intrigue on Earth, and your offered 'spice' invokes 'extra' expressions.
ENDYMION: For example?
ME: Let's say, "Aliens shadow depth(s) of our race and offer 'challenges' of expression!"
ENDYMION: Fine; I'll have much intrigue-stimulation in the ocean-habitat (now) to pursue organic-readings.



That's my story-to-date, really. It's one of private scholarship, inherited fortune, wandering meditations, alien defiance, world-intrigue analysis, and chess-brilliance. It's one of 'pure' Earth distance(s)...and erudition egg!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on November 14, 2022
Last Updated on November 14, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing