Station-Zero: The Thing of Existence

Station-Zero: The Thing of Existence

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated account of a survivor-member of the brave Ice-Station-Zero team encountering an abominable/evil 'alien' which they named the Thing.

"
One more nod to The Thing (John Carpenter). 
----
====

We were a band of heroes but didn't expect such an adventure like this, stationed in the ice-regions of Earth and about to engage with an alien 'symbiote-parasite' life-form of evolutionary super-intelligence and rapidly growing size but deformed multitudinal shapes, which is why we called the create the Thing out there in our ice-station Zero.



Our fearless leader was a bit of an introvert, half-Algerian and half-Swedish, this man (Amlan Satan) was an ace-shot with the Boring flamethrower weapon, our greatest clearing and multi-taking 'gun' which the government supplied us with, which is what Amlan would have to use to fight that Thing we encountered out there in the ice-station, which we'd been fortunate to 'chat' about later on social-media, from a safe distance!



Amlan would sit at his desk and play for hours after dinner on his electronic chess-set/board game and always by himself, against himself, making white-side moves and simulating what an 'adversary' would move like as a complementarian to his own white-side offense/defense, and we all got bored thinking what Amlan Satan was thinking, but the chess nevertheless made him an extremely patient person, I thought.



Our ice-station crew included about 10 individuals, all government employees, and I'd been the only one with any writer's bent/interest, which is why I was 'chosen' to adapt our Thing-misadventure into this journal-like account, and I'll always remember the folks we met/greeted/befriended out there who'd serve as 'soldiers' in our human race 'stand' against the leviathan of ice, which we'd chat about on social-media in safety.



We'd been trained to man all parts/resources/machinery on Ice-Station Zero, and we'd been prepared for anything as laborers/soldiers, but we couldn't anticipate the Thing, regardless of the tedious reliable sophistication of all our guns and computing machinery out there, really.



Our crew included both men/women, and fortunately, all the men were eager/ready to do the necessary to ensure we wouldn't become the first casualties of the Thing on its globe-campaign to colonize/enslave all humans with spores that absorbed human DNA with its own to create a multitude of replicas or symbiotes all serving the central mind 'being' of the Thing, and all the men were simply ready to burn it with the Boring flamethrower guns, which Amlan did himself (triumphantly!) in the end. We just wanted to go home eventually, after the ordeal, and greet family/friends on social-media, like normal civilians.



AMLAN SATAN: As you see, our station Zeo facility is quite nice and we've to maintain/train and keep sharp for all-things-IQ.



Even the calm likes of Amlan Satan would be required to be 'standing' and hands-on with fire when the Thing simply proliferated and advanced upon us, having been discovered already as a 'miniature-alien' being of troll-like appearance by one of our ice-trekkers/explorers/scouts. Amlan had to mask/gear and serve as nothing less than a 'snake' visioned executer.



AMLAN SATAN: We corner the Thing by luring it with it thinking we're creating bait-humans, and then we surround/burn it!



This deformed leviathan alien Thing was able to shape-shift and multiply with its mutating and rapid-growth abominable flesh and would gorge and merge with human flesh victims, which numbered in 3 in all, poor souls which became 'models' of what the Thing mutated into once it 'absorbed' the energy of the victim(s).



INTERVIEW: You'd been responsible for burning the intelligent alien into ashes, Mr. Satan?
AMLAN: Indeed; I'd no hesitation; this wasn't some kind of diplomatic priest here to greet us and play chess; it was evil.
INTERVIEW: Some view that you didn't have the 'diplomacy-personnel' to warrant the alien to seek any kind of conversation!
AMLAN: False truth; we'd been plenty 'friendly' to note the Thing was simply a messenger of bloody-murder/slavery.
INTERVIEW: Thanks so much, Amlan.



Last I heard, Amlan Satan retired to Scandinavia where he's spending time consulting/writing for a cyber-comics company composing special 'environment' themed patriotism-comics/stories about anti-terrorism, which (it seems to me!) is a 'perfect' fit for a quiet and surprisingly valiant 'eccentric' who turned out to be our fearless 'Storm-Shadow' of ice-exodus (wow).



AMLAN SATAN: If we die inside the flesh-mind of that Thing, we'd remember...together...how Zero served us equilibrium!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on November 14, 2022
Last Updated on November 14, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing