Cricket-Quiche: Club Edison

Cricket-Quiche: Club Edison

A Story by Abishai100
"

A dioramic social-media generations 'vignette' about the blending of sports-fanfare and lifestyle-customs for global expressions.

"
A vignette about social-media age imagination, inspired by Toys (Robin Williams). 
----
====

India-Pakistan test-and-match cricket games in Asia were quite the marvel for the sports-media broadcast era of competitive athletics outside the United States. In fact, in other parts of the world, it's field-hockey, cricket, and soccer that are more popular, much more, than basketball/football/baseball like in the Americas.



A special cyber Cricket-Quiche club, composed of social-media (e.g., Facebook-chess) fans and students/experts of the culinary arts who wanted to offer special 'experimental' complements to Sunday early-evening cricket-TV get-togethers at home-settings/environments, for more casual/conversational approaches to sports subject matters!



The men/women of the now-iconic 'Cricket-Quiche' club included the top-notch of social-media/TV audience-circles and were invested in fusing competitive sports talk with eating/drinking forms of conversationalism, reflective of the social-media era 'spotlight' on the quality of cyber-activity normalization. It was media-based psychology (really!).



My name's Amlan Satan, and I'd been part of the Cricket-Quiche club outside the Americas, through my cyber-channel(s), when I'd been hacked by a man claiming he was a Martian spying on humans. He challenged me to a chess-stalemate contest which I achieved perfectly (using a 'cool' rook-bishop double-line march against his queen-knight); he claimed I 'won' the sovereignty-diplomacy compact with his race and he'd self-exile himself to the deep-ocean abyss, as long as I leave the Cricket-Quiche club outside the Americas, not interrogating on any of its 'rumored' blood-diamond inquiry-ties, so I took this all as a 'sign' to start my own cyber-chess club (Dartmouth).



Cricket is full of legends outside the United States, including India's incredible batsman Gavaskar, who's the non-American 'equivalent' to arguably Babe Ruth (American baseball). It makes for great competition-IQ, inherent in capitalism-journals, and it's provided many writers the inspiration(s) to cast competitiveness as a 'stalemating' of the baser human instincts (e.g., terrorism!).



The Cricket-Quiche club carried on, and I parted ways, but I'd remember my culinary contributions, including a very nice veggie-cheese (multi, both) quiche which I catered on a Sunday cricket-TV gathering in New England one summer with my rich grandmother Ezzy. It was certainly a memory as 'poignant' as my cyber-chess chat with the Martian (ha).



The children carried-on with their picnics by the outdoor areas of the cricket-gatherings which may've started in the afternoon, prior to the evening-TV gatherings inside the residential properties in and outside the Americas.



I gifted the Cricket-Quiche club my special/magical baseball-figurine (themed) chess-set/board, and I considered it a 'boon-symbol' of what casts competition and stalemate-politics as special 'social-media friendly' subject matters regarding the leverage of competitiveness with social/human customs.



My new cyber-chess club includes some pretty worldly members including Beetlejuice, Punky Brewster, Julia Child, and Elmo. This is the age of 'avatars' and cyber-chess and expressions (no?).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on November 16, 2022
Last Updated on November 16, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing