New England: Pawn Sacrifice

New England: Pawn Sacrifice

A Story by Abishai100
"

A portrait of a prince-princess duet in Massachusetts embracing American ethos as well as 'confronting' a modern (Western) expression.

"
A parody of post-9/11 paranoia, but with a 'cool' local New England ('Americana') touch, loosely inspired by the comparable 'comfort-food' film She's the One (Ed Burns). 
DISCLAIMER: This work of dramatic fiction set in New England offers no formal/legal views of any Boston-area group/body/person and is therefore cast as only a journal-like presentation of personal expressions in culturally/socially themed exposition (for American enquiry). 
----
====

Now, Massachusetts had become the highest college-university state in New England, the United States, or the entire Earth, with its multiple respected schools and campuses representing pure excellence in the social view of education/institutionalism as reflection of a cohesive hierarchical sentient civilization invested in the forms of organized academic choreography. The schools included Tufts, Harvard, and Boston College, which is only but 3 of the multiple well-financed educational colleges/universities all inside Massachusetts. Some think this trend in academic development in New England 'grew' out of the old pilgrim colony setting of great religion and ethos based social developments, as compared to the other colonies/states during the formation of the United States (wow).



Amlan Satan is an Earth 'prince' living in New England (Boston) and an Ivy-grad (Dartmouth) who liked making cyber-blogs about the modern social network value of cyber-chess clubs in the Western-world re-presenting a democratic rhetoric regarding organized/choreographed forms of intelligent hospitality-driven activity made to make capitalism feel more 'home-like' and lifestyle-infused in this post-9/11 era of great commerce-bridging expectations in society/media (e.g., Home Shopping Network).



AMLAN SATAN (Journal): From The Wealth of Nations, we might think of per-capita academic development as capitalist.



Well, Prince Satan suddenly found himself with a new 'Earth-challenge' in the form of an aspiring European (Dutch) waitress, Jacki, who moved to the United States (New England) and aspired to become a Massachusetts area fashion-designer and/or model and started working for a fashion consulting house as an intern while doubling at night as a restaurant-bistro waitress. She was a Catholic by faith and incidentally a fan of chess, like Amlan. They fell in love, and he encouraged her to pursue her 'fashion' world mystique-fascination and gifted her with various magazines containing spreads/portraits of the world of design/capitalism and ads highlighting, perhaps, what makes the fashion model/mannequin a 'statue' goddess of the Earth-society conception of 'true' daydreams (ha).



JACKI: Let's spend the day in Boston Park, in one of those water-boats, and then smoke cigarettes on the bridge for sunset.
AMLAN: You make me feel cool, Jacki.
JACKI: How'd I know I'd meet a 'real-life' prince when I moved to the New World, eh?
AMLAN: You're very lucky and I'm lucky too now; Boston's got a great park.
JACKI: It's also got the best schools (higher-education) in the world, no?
AMLAN: Oh yeah, more than any other New England state.



Amlan/Jacki darted to the Harvard-Square chess park area where they began to take iPhone-shots of the various 'wizards' and amateurs who opted to spend some 'quality-time' in New England (Massachusetts) with an Ivy-school area/campus chess jaunt or 'adventure' or even daydream for quiet-time and American comfort(s). They wanted to make a sort of 'chess-wizard'/challenger collage for a cyber-collage complementing a short-story of sorts they'd write together simply/appropriately titled American Exercise.



JACKI: The other great thing about the Boston-area is the metro-system, man.
AMLAN: I agree; let's spend a whole week just train-hopping and eating ice-cream, honey-bee.
JACKI: Wow, now that reminds me what I really daydreamed about when I wanted to immigrate here.
AMLAN: Definitely!



JACKI: I made you a meat-potatoes and cheese quiche, honey-bee.
AMLAN: Excellence; you're so thoughtful; I'm a fan of chicken-pot-pie (Boston Market), but quiche is 'very' American, Jacki.
JACKI: I looked up a cool recipe, and I knew you'd like something distinctly hospitality-symbolic (in Boston).
AMLAN: Yeah...quiche is the 'hostel-dish' of the traveler's imagination regarding localized hospitality and basic charm(s).
JACKI: Ha!



Amlan Satan had a dream one night in which he hallucinated that an adversarial Green Dragon named Endymion visited him during the dream-sleep experience and warned him about the dangers of terrorism and homegrown crimes in the Massachusetts/Boston area, given its robust/famous 'academic' reputation and aura/environment. Endymion explained, "Be wary of your 'wandering damsel-dreamer aspiring fashion-model girlfriend (Jacki), for she harbors precisely the 'brand' of metro-ambition(s) that draw in today's anti-capitalist stalkers/terrorists and warlocks destroying 'threads' of American enterprise." Amlan Satan woke up in a cold-sweat and didn't know (honestly) what to make of such a 'vision' for omens.



AMLAN: We're moving to Colorado, to a small-town, where I can start work on my 'serious' great American novel.
JACKI: Why...Boston's become our playground of hopes and dreams, Satan!
AMLAN: No; I'm getting that 'funny' feeling we'll be 'tracked' by dark forces...maybe terror looms in this 'university' town.
JACKI: Oh goodness, you're becoming paranoid about 9/11; it's natural, Amlan; you know, people live/study in Belfast too!
AMLAN: Belfast isn't Boston, Jacki; we're moving to Colorado, where it's safer; no Martians or anti-capitalism sentiment woe.
JACKI: No place is perfect, Amlan Satan.
AMLAN: I had a bad omen-vision during dream-sleep; I'm convinced (now) this is a 'wise' move...for an American express.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on November 18, 2022
Last Updated on November 18, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing