Sliding Elephant(s)

Sliding Elephant(s)

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated 'claim' of a sportsman/chessmaster whose decision affected the 'design(s)' of American outcome but generated 'equal' essays.

"
A tale of life-altering decision-consciousness, inspired by Mr. Destiny (Michael Caine). Enjoy, 
----
====

Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like had it taken a different turn for the opposite while I'd been deciding between careers while a college student in New England. You see, I had a real life-choice to make during college, when I was recruited by two very different domains of Earth-society activity, one being baseball, and the other chess, and this difference has colored almost every 'facet' of modern social-media and clique-oriented consciousness in the Western-world (really).



I thought I had a dream one night during which an incendiary Green Dragon visited me with a strange premonition oriented consultation during which he/it engaged with me about the certain life-decision I'd made in college. You see, I was approached because I was a dual-talent in baseball, having great skill in both pitching and batting, and I was sought by an American team seeking some 'cool' rookie-sensation with some unusual media-market friendly 'gift' like ambidextrousness, and my pitching-batting double-skill was right up their alley. However, at the same time, I was recruited by a new American chess think-tank which would pay/train wizards and masters to compete with international champions for a modern media exposition on post Cold-War chess social-media on Earth. The Green Dragon in my dream insisted I made the 'best' choice for myself in the selection of career-path but wanted me to 'meditate' on how my life would have been drastically different had I chosen one career over the other.



When I woke from the strange premonition-dream and didn't know what to conclude, I decided to forge a special emotion-balancing 'compromise' deed and purchased a cool baseball-figurine themed chess-set/board, which I'd then use to 'meditate' on how/why I chose the career path characterizing my current life and what it offered me for happiness and vitality. As I stared at this baseball-chess set, I thought about all the symmetry/diagonals of strategy and thought and motion itself and why selecting a career for destiny may re-present a 'human' IQ regarding the 'perfection' of life's otherwise 'alien' encounters (or expression!).



JOURNAL: Would one ('someone like me') have a more 'personality'-fit life choosing chess/baseball or vice-versa, and how so?



I began to think of the nature of fortune and the human diary regarding the casting of destiny-altering decision-making and the 'thought' behind human life. Would my life have been so different had I chosen baseball/chess or vice-versa? Would a certain wife be more pleased in, say, an athletics stadium than at a chess tourney 'cathedral' or vice-versa? What do you think?



WIFE: I don't care what you chose, since you cared about both (equally) and were gifted in both; I'd still make you those tuna-quiche miniatures you love for pre-Thanksgiving Sunday football-TV eating with me (eh?).



So, I decided to visit Harvard-Square one weekend and sat down by one of the chess-wizards who agree to play random amateurs/fans/travelers who agree to pay him a small 'money-gift' in exchange for the 'wizardry' experience/challenge and simply watched him play (all day long, on Saturday/Sunday) and began to recount all the details of my life and how my psyche shifted because I had to choose baseball or chess as a career, and how my life would have been so radically...eschewed (wow).



WIFE: Like I said, baby-doll man, I don't care what you chose, since, after all, we cheer for our fave-Phillies (regardlessly)!



The point of this diary-like tale, which I'm so happy to relay, is that life is so uncertain that Destiny itself may offer us a path-curve affecting the way we conceptualize or 'dream' of the asymmetries (or elongations!) of choice-based exercise(s). In other words, perhaps my life-decision regarding baseball-chess impacted not how I viewed my fortunes...but how I expressed my 'impression' on human race extensions.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on November 18, 2022
Last Updated on November 18, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing