English Saturday*

English Saturday*

A Story by Abishai100
"

A mischievous leprechaun wonders if he might make anarchy on a campus Saturday during a football-chess dual event complementing his inquiry about 'American' exercises.

"
A leprechaun fable invoking the academic culture/spirits of a special media-linked American college/campus, inspired by the relevant social themes from the Notre Dame set film Rudy. Thanks for reading (and Happy Thanksgiving!), 
DISCLAIMER: This work of culture fiction set in a particular environment/campus offers no official/legal ties to the organizations/teams cited and all images herein are presented only for a personal expression of theme excerpt. 
----
====

I was on the campus of Notre Dame on a special Saturday afternoon when the Fighting Irish football team was tackling a longtime rival, the Boston College Eagles, in what would become another 'episode' of this saga in the media-broadcast era of college sports in the United States, but it was also a Saturday when the Earth-prince Amlan Satan would challenge a Boston College rival in the chess-championship on campus, making for some rather nice social-media chat(s) surrounding the two schools. Well, I'm a mischievous leprechaun from the American forests and have been spying on all this campus person(s) activity on this special Saturday. Follow along!



AMLAN SATAN: I'm confident I can draw a 'cool' stalemate-conditions match against the Eagles' champion for my girlfriend.



Well, the game on the stadium was quite a thrill, as the Fighting Irish quarterback ran in for a TD-score in the 4th, giving Notre Dame a late 33-30 victory over the rival Boston College Eagles which had ran the ball greatly all through the game, despite the constantly close scoreline through the 4-quarters (wow). In the end, this sportsmanship event would most likely totally-eclipse the chess-event involving Fighting Irish Amlan Satan, a cyber-chess 'wizard' of the United States (ha).



AMLAN SATAN: The Eagles' champion had great queen-knight 1-2 march punch, which I stalemated with rook-bishop line(s)!



After the two events, football-chess, the Notre Dame and Boston College folks decided to convene at a special meeting area on the Fighting Irish campus for post sportsmanship event/media in-house relaxed sci-fi video-game entertainment, as the two schools now 'casually' competed with each other on Alien combat video-game platforms on their provided Xbox system, attached to a nifty eBay Hitachi-Plasma that one of the faculty acquired for the event that wonderful Saturday in 2022.

AMLAN SATAN: Who'd think a chess-stalemate with the Eagles following the football win would complement an 'alien' contest?



Thus ended what would be remembered as a rather 'cool' Saturday on the campus of Notre Dame, which served to remind folks why sportsmanship/competition in the United States can be a good deal about the quality of socialized activity in public platforms/areas. That's what makes everyone 'envy' the great American Dream --- its wide access to media-driven activity in social format(s) for great stories (hmm). I honestly had no 'room' to perform my routine/ritual evil acts of mischief and anarchy, since the campus on that Saturday was simply...Irish organized (shoot).



I've no personal ties to Notre Dame or Boston College, as a forest-dwelling leprechaun visiting the campus on that magic Saturday, but what I did learn about American media-culture that day was the basic 'quality' of choreographed activity in an educational setting, which made me wonder why post-9/11 era terrorism and anti-American sentiment(s) outside the United States can always offer a 'darkened' expression (hmm).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on November 19, 2022
Last Updated on November 19, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing