The Great Elsewhere

The Great Elsewhere

A Story by Abishai100
"

A media 'trio' (cyber/cinema) are 'haunted' by a mysterious mannequin 'superstition' drawing them closer to 'species' ends.

"
A fantasy-romanticism parody of Mannequin (Kim Cattrall). Hope you like it (and Happy Thanksgiving), 
----
====

Inside a special art museum in New York City, a hauntingly beautiful Eastern designed mannequin was catching the eye of many a visitor/patron/investor/writer who started to daydream that the mannequin was somehow 'alive' and speaking to them about some mysterious magical note or charm regarding eternal life wrought through creative museum-presented arts!



The haunting vision of the mannequin reminded these 'witnesses' who seemed to feel dutiful if they kept the mannequin-secret to themselves that there'd be visions of beauty and magic all around them on Earth in the new millennium if they only chose to embrace the magazine-culture imagery regarding the fashions/aesthetic of 'great' expressions (or designers!).



Then, the mannequin 'buzz' generated enough charm and superstition street-chat to warrant three special visitors to the New York art museum surfaced 'scene' and the three special 'amigos' were two movie-industry gurus/moguls and a popular underground cyber-fanzine writer named Amlan Satan. The media-moguls and the cyber-writer all happened to be collectors of chess-sets and chess-designed arts/sculptures and wondered if the superstition behind the 'whispering mannequin' spoke to some 'ancient alien' mythos regarding the incarnations of magic in images of 'beings' reminiscent of some 'ancient' magical game of treasure(s)!



MEDIA-MOGUL: This outshines any of my chess collection-treasures.
CYBER-WRITER: The mannequin whispers...to anyone!
MEDIA-MOGUL: There's a newfound 'magic' in the arts of superstition, eh?

MEDIA-MOGUL: I remember the golden age of cinema when superstition was realism.
CYBER_WRITER: Forget it good fellow; Hitchcock paved the way to pure paranoia-driven depression/trauma.
MEDIA-MOGUL: Well, superstition may make some kind of comeback through Halloween-cinema, right?

MEDIA-MOGUL: Let's all approach the mannequin as a 'trio' and see if the speaks something 'strange' to all of us.
CYBER-WRITER: Yeah...maybe she'll tell me (privately!) that I'm to win the lottery and fund my cyber-fanzine (ha).
MEDIA-MOGUL: Let's not sound like chess-geeks and just maybe she'll reveal she's a Martian aura from Ancient Egypt.

MEDIA-MOGUL: I love movies about Egyptology myth/superstition!
CYBER-WRITER: Didn't the Egyptians hide some 'strange' geometry-secret about chess-stalemate paranoia?
MEDIA-MOGUL: Don't reason to downplay the 'secret' of superstition with modern era cynicism about Egypt's celebrity-culture.



MANNEQUIN: "Thank you gentlemen for visiting me inside this museum (New York); perhaps you'll cheer some futuristic toy."
TRIO: For you, mystery-lady, we'd do anything (perfectly fine).



Well, the media-trio (the moguls/cyber-writer) decided to watch a special California rescreening of an alien-mythos life-eternity paranoia film of modern times after they took a Southwest flight from JFK to San Diego and learned of a new Western trend in the arts regarding the 'bravado' of eclectic sci-fi fantasy as a 'lens' for inventive evolution/medicine storytelling and wondered if the mannequin really was a Martian/Egyptian magic-woman 'entity' offering them special 'motivation' to become avid investors in this new Earth-world 'design' for life's oddball energies. The media-trio decided to start putting together a special social-media blog (together!) about the resurrection in popularity of science-fiction media in the United States and United Kingdom (wow).



MANNEQUIN: "Thank you gentlemen for this great laurel of cinema; perhaps you'll find a 'pillow-gift' image for a celeb-star."



The media-trio then took a flight from LAX to New Delhi (Asia) where they went on a grand PR-tour (together) to compose a 'great' joint restaurant world-cuisine sampling re-presentation for post-9/11 age globe-capitalism storytelling/ads. This would be hailed as the more 'studious' media-rendition of The Three Stooges, since the world-cuisine media-imagery would remind consumers around the world of the inherent magical value of acquired tastes of capitalism-driven culture-exchange...and mystery (wow).



MANNEQUIN: Now, the wheels of superstition/capitalism turning; I can beckon my Martian friends to begin the invasion.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on November 21, 2022
Last Updated on November 21, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing