Euclid's Stalemate: Queens/Exile

Euclid's Stalemate: Queens/Exile

A Story by Abishai100
"

Can an idealist-teacher in a challenged US-city offer 'chess-genius' to salvage a 'town' drawing away from the 'cafeteria' of experiments?

"
A tale of city-hope and chess-imagination, inspired very much by the modern taut street-film Fresh. Thanks for reading, 
----
====

A certain inner-city public school in Queens (NY) was seeing great public 'street' intrigue and 'chess-IQ' surrounding debates over teacher recruits and quality of education based on funding/salary for new personnel, and Euclid, a chess-club advisor and 'cognitive-science' teacher at the school, was concerned this 'energy' surrounding investment(s) would be clouded by the streets of drugs and blood-diamond smuggler-traffic and jaded sense(s) of storytelling. He also harbored a 'dark' secret at this school-of-Queens which made him depressed, despite this sudden flurry of buzz surrounding reform(s). Follow along, in this journey-tale of valor and hope (and dangers!).

EUCLID: Queens in chess can offer real images of street-dynamics-driven 'human' or 'alien' enterprise.



EUCLID: I'm distributing mini-copies of Peter Pan to my chess/psychology students for Queens-IQ surrounding activated hope.



Euclid was a nerdy sort, and he'd immigrated from Algeria to study at Dartmouth and became a citizen of this 'New World' before taking a controversial yet 'respectable' position as a Queens troubled/challenged public-school chess/psychology teacher/educator of great idealism and considered himself a sort of modern neo-liberal for express purposes of educational vitality, and he posted Selfies of himself inside the school for social-media friend-chats regarding self-esteem...and 'wrought' expressions.



EUCLID: I want you students to think of the 'method(s)' of self-liberation through education/chess, and I'll tell you my life.



Now, this 'dark' secret he harbored concerned his troubled sister who turned away from a normal life after following his older brother to NY and became a siren of Hell with the local diamond-druglord named Jay. Now, Euclid's sister Ezzy was part of the 'problem-set' of environmental caution/dangers and her brother sought a way to get her out of the pocket(s) of Jay while resuscitating the heartbeat(s) of the Queens-chess potential-energy area which would otherwise see many school closings because of troubles/finance(s) woe.



EZZY: Euclid must visit the Queens-chess park to sit-watch youngsters play chess, so he'd teach them about stalemates!



EUCLID: Can you help me, Dalia?
DALIA: I'm just a student here, Mr. Euclid.
EUCLID: I want you to help me take-down the evil Jay-man and rescue my sister (Ezzy) by infiltrating his drug-ring(s).
DALIA: How?
EUCLID: We're going to play a 'chess-stalemate' match with Jay, the diamond-drug man of Queens-chess; you're my angel.
DALIA: How?
EUCLID: You're going to tell his minions there's a 'Queens-chess' teacher lurking with chess-prayers for drug-addicts/music.
DALIA: Why...this sounds dangerous?
EUCLID: We're going to 'stalemate' the evil Jay by making him 'visualize' the 'hologram' of street-cadence in youth-chatter.
DALIA: So he gets 'paranoid' about street-buzz and his own ignominy, Mr. Euclid?
EUCLID: I also want you to distribute mini-quiches at the local street-basketball tourney (Jay funds) for social-media photos.
DALIA: Cool.



The PR-buzz surrounding all this 'Euclid-crusade' was minimal, since Dalia was an excellent sidekick in Euclid's mission to stalemate-chess the evil Jay of Queens-chess and 'move' him to the fencing of the challenged city and 'move' him to work out of the city to consider the 'wisdom' of considering Queens a newfound 'realm' for group-wrought neo-networking. He'd certainly consider leaving this 'school-city' and departing for a more 'discreet' place for diamonds-smuggler sophistication/nets like South Africa (hmm). That was the hope, since South Africa was now being monitored for blood-diamond chess by Interpol-relations (wow).



JAY: Are you impressed, popular Queens-chess teacher I've funded half this tourney's frills for the street(s)?
EUCLID: I'm 'certain' my sister Ezzy had much to do with 'moving' you to 'hear' the sounds of street-basketball cinema, Jay.
JAY: Hmm...I'm getting weary of these 'street-sounds' (as you say) regarding youth-chatter, Euclid!
EUCLID: Have you thought of the gem-shine of a more 'e' place like Johannesburg?
JAY: Yeah...of course!
EUCLID: Then just enjoy this finance-wizardry for Queens-chess (for now), 'bad' friend of the city (ha).
JAY: Damn...you're right.



Dalia meanwhile distributed the trays of pre-made mini-quiche foods for the fans/crowds gathered at the city-cheered street-basketball tourney in the challenged area of the schools of Queens. This was excellence in choreographed chess, but it would have to be complemented by a slick blood-diamond swap performed by the sharp Euclid who'd 'trick' the drug-dealing minions carrying the smugglers-gems in their pockets, sometimes into street youth activities like the b-ball tourney (wow).



EUCLID: I've got glass beads and toy-gems in exchange(s) for your Jay-diamonds, buds.
DEALER/HANDLER: What'd you know about Jay trying to pawn-sacrifice us, school-teacher man?
EUCLID: Why, I'd been a diamond merchant friend in Algeria, buds.
DEALER/HANDLER: Keept his quiet, and Jay won't know much about all this, eh?
EUCLID: That's very cool, to all of us, buds.
DEALER/HANDLER: Alright!



Jay was run out of town, but before he did, Euclid/Dalia would have to visit him in his Queens-chess 'lair' where Ezzy (Euclid's estranged sister) was kept as his personal 'siren' of Hell, and they'd been enjoying an 'alien' film about the chess-stalemate of species-evolution competitiveness, rather appropriate for Jay's sort of sense(s).

EUCLID: I wouldn't think a cinema-IQ would appeal to a big-man like you, Jay, but feels cool.
EZZY: I sense this teacher-brother's hiding something...with his newfound 'sidekick' (Dalia), Jay my man.
JAY: Is Ezzy correct, school-teacher friend?
DALIA: Nah, we're just here to see if you'll let us take Ezzy away from your sight(s)...before your 'flight' to South Africa.
EUCLID: You did 'hint' you'd been an 'avid' fan of the complex abyss; Queens-chess seems to be dragging out the ants, no?
JAY: Maybe you're right...let's finish this enjoyable film (for now).



Why did Jay leave Queens? Did he end up in South Africa? In all likelihood, that's a realistic chance. Regardless, Euclid/Dalia snatched Ezzy away from the evil diamonds-drug man of Queens-chess and drew her to the school chess-society while Euclid continued his psychology complementary teaching(s).

DALIA: Mr. Euclid has delivered us a 'great' miracle...for the city-sense(s) of 'great' Easter(s)!



JOURNAL: To think that Selfie-culture 'wrought' school-streets 'chess-spirit(s)' raise the 'quiche' of normal-life is miraculous.



EZZY: If you' weren't genius, I'd have never left that dark lair of Jay, my brother.
EUCLID: I'm just relieved you've returned to your (original) interests in the 'innocence' of graphics/comics (art), Ezzy.
EZZY: Alright.



The moral of this 'quiche-chess' miracle fable of Queens-NY is that a scribe must never under-value the roles of human thought in any condition, especially if/when that condition spells 'pure' dangers in the face of moral apathy...or the failure(s) that come with any form of 'alien' exodus (or ends!).

THE END

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on November 21, 2022
Last Updated on November 21, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing