Calgary Flame

Calgary Flame

A Story by Abishai100
"

Will Earth-prince Amlan Satan find a new life-lease in Canada and offer a post-divorce love the 'right-stuff' gem (e.g., rose-cufflinks) for a Valentine's chess ellipse?

"
A love-story about an ice-hockey fellow set in Canada and about human search for sensibility, loosely inspired by Serendipity (John Cusack). Thanks so much for reading (and Happy Holidays), 
----
 
----


====

Amlan Satan was a great minor-league local city ice-hockey player in the United States and president of the Procellian chess-club (cyber) when his wife Shelley divorced him, sending him into a sort of emotional vertigo and depression, so he decided to move-shop and left America altogether to become a junior ice-hockey coach in Calgary (Canada) and decorated his home with the fantastic toys which he loved daydreaming about in cartoons as he was growing up in New England. However, the toys still left a 'void' in his brain, and he searched for ways to find the right soul to fill that 'dark' void not filled by his house filled with toys.



AMLAN SATAN: I can still 'run' the Porcellian (chess-club) from Calgary-net, and this new job's given me Selfie-cyber fun too.



Maybe all he wanted was to meet the right lady for a second ice turn in life's strange turns and game and sought a cool red-colored Valentine's Day dinner in Calgary in his new Canadian residence with a 'right-lady' he'd encounter at a Canadian supermarket/store like Target or WalMart (hmm).



AMLAN SATAN: I was at a Calgary street-fair when I noticed a Western media-figurine, star of political/religious films and thought about life's decisions suddenly, inspired by the advice you get from the movies (hmm).



He decided to purchase a cool ice-hockey figurine themed chess-set for his junior ice-hockey team players (coed) so they'd appreciate the complex nuances of life-decisions that elevate the stalemate-chess intelligence representing a human fascination with balancing competition with 'cool' equilibrium. His new life in Calgary was becoming almost perfectly complete (wow).



AMLAN SATAN: I'm convinced, if I stand at the Calgary supermarket jewelry-section, I'll encounter my second-love for life-IQ.



Well, for the time being, he got himself one fave sports-treasure, a cool Fleury/Flames Calgary rookie (ice-hockey) card, and now he wanted to meet the right 'second-life' lady in Canada and marry her, forget about Shelley (his ex!) and have a son to whom he'd gift this very special/magical ice-hockey gift/treasure. He had everything one might suggest is a 'human signature' of the consciousness-emotions reflective of the earnest quest for a new 'brand' of vitality in Calgary (ha).



AMLAN SATAN: Every Saturday morning, I'll go to the store, stand at the jewelry section for good-luck, and wander for love!



The miracle came about 2months into this Calgary 'exercise' of Amlan Satan, the newborn Canadian ice-hockey and toy fan and social-media (Porcellian chess-club) advocate, when he met the 'vision' of his second ice turn in love/life, a beautiful woman who happened to be wearing a Coronavirus mask inside the store he'd visit every Saturday morning. This second-lady, Ezzy, told Satan she had her vaccines but wore a mask for caution, and she struck him as oddly smart but sensitive, and he knew then that he'd started to forget about the divorce-vertigo 'exercise' with Shelley (United States). He found his 'bond' for the connection in Canada...between hopes...and excellence.



EZZY: These mini-quiches are delicious, Satan, and perfect for a pre-Thanksgiving ritual (between us).
AMLAN: Thanks, honey-bee; you've become my new 'river-plate' for excellent second-love chess.
EZZY: You think too much about sports and toys and chess and games, Satan!
AMLAN: Yeah...when I was a boy, I was 'obsessed' with ice-hockey video-games (Nintendo).
EZZY: Focus on the quiche...and we'll be 'golden' on the ice, yeah?
AMLAN: Yeah!



AMLAN SATAN: I made Ezzy, my second Candian love, a comics-sketch of a stranger vigilante united with a 'heroine' angel.



Amlan Satan had now become a 'complete' Earth-prince, living in Calgary, married to Ezzy, his second-love/life, and expecting their newborn son (Damian). All was right on the fair Blue Planet, despite all the tribulations of humanity like 9/11, Coronavirus, and other things. Prince Satan had become a special 'net-messenger' of the potential-energy of motion-in-equilibrium. Hey, maybe sometimes a 'normal' story about good tidings is not something that has to feel...alien.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on November 22, 2022
Last Updated on November 22, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing