The Echelon Card

The Echelon Card

A Story by Abishai100
"

A Venusian descends on New England ('Xmastown') for a chess-salesmanship vision linked to a special football-card magic expression.

"
A 'prize' themed holiday magic fable very loosely inspired by The Gift of the Magi. Enjoy, 
----
====

Amlan Satan moved into a quaint New England Xmastown during the holidays and rented a small cottage and invited the townsfolk and single/unmarried young beautiful women to sample his holiday-season cheer exotic cuisine (egg-curry, pistachio-cheesecake, rice-pilaf). However, his guests noticed this new stranger man in town was somehow different in a rather somehow mysterious quality, despite the wonders-rich food he'd offered to his new neighbors/community (hmm).



AMLAN SATAN: Should I reveal to this Xmastown (New England) that I'm a disguised-humanoid from Venus for social-media?



You see, Mr. Satan was a chess-board salesman and offered/sold authentic crafted antique and rare chess-sets/boards from around the globe and across the designs of human civilizations/empires and talked about how Cold-War chess 'social-media' surrounding the Fischer-Spassky rivalry (USA_USSR) cast 'cool' storyboards about stalemate-chess politics IQ and symmetrical intrigue. The townsfolk seemed quite fascinated but wondered why this 'stranger' man was such a 'chess' junkie (ha).



AMLAN SATAN: On the planet of Venus (my home!), I'd been a lonely sorcerer, but on Earth, I'm casting chess-life expressions!



The Xmastown (New England) was quite lovely, and Mr. Satan made himself a good home there and also started dating a beautiful young bachelorette (Tandy) and showed her his profound understanding of chess-books and ideations of politics-intelligence in human civilization(s) and then took her ice-skating in the local rink during the festive holiday-season, always 'lit' late-at-night (wow).



TANDY: "I'm 'incompletely' in-love, and Mr. Satan (Amlan) is a real 'prince' and profound 'star' of chess-salesmanship, but I want to know his 'dark' secret for social-media/cyber posts about the 'odd' nature of Xmastown encounters with stranger devils."



JOURNAL: The quality of a 'good' Xmas-tree in Xmastown for chess-salesmanship is a bright fireplace den with tree/music.



Amlan had some pretty incredible/fantastic chess-sets, some from archaic worlds and societies and others representing 'spheres' of investments/interests like sports and Medieval lore, and his Xmastown customers, who started steadily growing in size (on Earth); and his cyber-customers, hailing from around the United States (Internet), claimed he was a real 'prince' of chess-quiche. Amlan insisted always that chess revealed a strange 'private' meditation on the cheer/mystery of intelligence...gone expressive.

AMLAN SATAN: We have special cyber-chess contest with the winner grabbing a special sports trade-card trophy expression(!).



So what was this 'amazing' and symbolic chess-contest Amlan Satan the Venusian-humanoid offered to the winner during Xmastown festivity? Why, it was a special Philly-city QB-transfer spirits/market (Upper-Deck) Vikings-Cunningham underdog Super Bowl seasons-card, arguably worth more than its 'extra credit' weight in currency (wow). Mr. Satan called this 'card' a trophy for the Earth-world 'fantasy' of acquired expressions. Was he right?



TANDY: I had no idea I'd win this 'prize' for the Xmastown spirit; I wonder if I'll cast this 'Viking-egg' as human race English!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on November 29, 2022
Last Updated on November 29, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing