Mall Rooks

Mall Rooks

A Story by Abishai100
"

A vacationing man inside a Windy-City shopping mall on a Saturday meets a beautiful woman and simultaneously must ward off a spying Martian with an 'everyman' agenda.

"
A life-episode inspired by the existentially offbeat 'charm' and life-emoji ponderings from the iconic TV-series Twin Peaks. Thanks for reading, 
DISCLAIMER: This work of TV-fanfiction offers no formal/official views or creative visions tied to the original series/writing and is therefore cast as purely a work of personal creative expressions. 
----

 

----

====

A special shopping-mall in the Windy-City is where Amlan Satan was spending time walking around during his vacation from Interpol-relation work and thinking more 'fondly' about the nature of capitalism securities in the United States on bright Saturday morning when he'd been approached by a lurking invisibility-cloaked invader-Martian (alien) named Endymion who wished to test the man's 'faith' in the quality of Earth-world capitalism infrastructures, perhaps to see if his Catholic faith endowed his human race a special sense of 'national' expressions.



AMLAN SATAN: I was at the Windy-City mall in my Coronavirus-mask and walking around shopping and noticed a lobby chess-mat being used by customers/traffickers and wondered about its strange metaphysical appeal that Saturday of consumer-activity.



While inside the Windy-City mall, Mr. Satan noticed a beautiful woman whom he thought must've been someone he'd recognized from some 'iconic' American TV or media series/program and wanted to approach her to ask her why she was at that particular mall that Saturday, perhaps to inquire if she'd been 'familiarized' with some alien sci-fi or metaphysically 'strange' storyboard which reminded him of her.

AMLAN SATAN: You remind me of a strange/magical TV series/program of which I had a college-dorm figurine poster!
WOMAN: Strange...I was just here to shop for a Xmas toy for my son; I'm divorced; tell me about your 'college-dorm' poster.



ENDYMION: Spying on these humans inside this mall makes me notice why this race is so focused on 'imagination' eggs!



The alien 'tapped' Mr. Satan on the shoulder while he was conversing with this beautiful woman and enjoying customers play with the lobby chess-stalemate diagram presentation(s) that bright Saturday, and Amlan turned to realize he'd been 'watched' by the spying Martian (Endymion) who pulled him aside and dared him to play a chess-game (secretly/aside) against him.

ENDYMION: Draw a stalemate...win a non-invasion sovereignty 'contract' for your 'special' race.
AMLAN SATAN: Sounds promising; me thinks you 'target' this mall (Saturday) for a patience-IQ for vanity.



Mr. Satan achieved the micro-miracle chess-stalemate condition against the spying Martian (Endymion) who informed the consumer in the Windy-City that he'd now self-exile to the deep-ocean abyss and would require the chess-exchange/success to remain secret. Amlan promised to keep the secret and returned to his Saturday shopping-vacation-activity, to find the beautiful woman he met and thought was a media-figure and found her enjoying some mini-quiches inside the mall food-court (ha).

AMLAN: I just stalemated a spying Martian in chess.
WOMAN: That's some claim, man...you sound like it's some kind of story-writing anticipatory secret you'll harbor.
AMLAN: Maybe I've a secret now from you and others...let's just enjoy this quiche now (Saturday); life's simply Ego.



Amlan Satan and the woman (Lara) got married and enjoyed a viewing of Dr. Zhivago (David Lean) during their honeymoon-in-Vegas, during which the precocious Interpol-relation man of Earth, a prince of chess in secret now, pondered how on that glorious Saturday when he met his future-wife his chess-stalemate 'triumph' yielded for him a special race-destiny --- one of continuous 'human' emojis!



DAMIAN (Son): Thanks for this Xmas-gift/robot-toy, dad!
AMLAN: I knew you'd like it --- it's a robot-toy transforming into a weaponized train and also a space-shuttle, Damian.
DAMIAN: Very cool, dad; it's perfect.
AMLAN: Don't we humans love the 'quality' of transforming toy-echelons?



The point of this existential alien-encounter yielding a strange consumer's chess-dream about stalemate-miracles is that Earth-world may bring one a sense of completely unanticipated fortune or danger during which a human being must negotiate senses of living sanity...with commercial enterprise (arguably).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on December 1, 2022
Last Updated on December 1, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing