Venger's Hockey Exile

Venger's Hockey Exile

A Story by Abishai100
"

A pensive Venusian/alien becomes an ice-hockey man (Calgary) before he becomes a field-hockey coach (Chicago) and seeks Xmas-courtship chess.

"
An homage to the brooding sorcerer-antihero Venger (Dungeons & Dragons), in a feature about multiple forms of hockey expression. Thanks for reading (and enjoy!), 
----
====

Venger had already become an Earth-prince disguised as a humanoid and living in Calgary and was enjoying his work as a member of an ice-hockey organization, serving as asst.-coach and business-media consultant when he decided to move to Chicago and become a girls' field-hockey team coach (hmm) and shared his Selfie with others on Chicago social-media (ha).



VENGER: On my home planet (Venus), I'd only have my dark horse Nightmare to chat with, but this Earth-foray is cool chess.



He decorated his lovely new Chicago residence with great lights that holiday-season in the Windy City residential area where it snowed a good deal but suddenly felt the loneliness of lacking female companionship; the sorcerer, with the human-world name 'Amlan Satan' wondered what he'd do to fill this chess-void.



He kept a special souvenir from his time in Calgary (Canada), a very nice Flames athlete (ice-hockey) rookie-card and shared the photo of it with his Porcellian chess-society pals on social-media but started to look for female companionship through social-media networks online (hmm).



VENGER: Coaching field-hockey is like way better than ice-hockey management, since it's much more roaming action/grace!



SHELBYE: I was hoping we'd connect after meeting through Porcellian, Satan.
AMLAN/VENGER: Yeah...I got you this Wonderland chess-set to think about us playing against each other this Xmas!
SHELBYE: Quite cool...I just might stalemate you, Amlan.
AMLAN/VENGER: Dream on!



Shelbye filled that 'alien-void' in his heart, and he suddenly found himself 'drawn' by cool world considerations of magazine-culture 'artistry' as she took him shopping with her that holiday-season (wow).



VENGER ('Amlan Satan'): This is a lovely relationship, darling; these microwave-quiche preps will hit the spot for the 26th.
SHELBYE: You're such a romantic in the kitchen, Satan.
VENGER: Life in Chicago is way better than the one I had in Calgary...maybe it's you!
SHELBYE: Thanks.



"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" (Wayne Gretzky).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on December 3, 2022
Last Updated on December 3, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing