Arklow's Deed

Arklow's Deed

A Story by Abishai100
"

What can a Derby-horse offer to the Grifter-landscape of diamond-heroics for a 'prince' of insurance?

"
A horse-trophy fable tied to diamond-intrigue and inspired (loosely) by The Grifters (John Cusack), which I think you'll like (and thanks for reading!), 
----
====

Amlan Satan was a real Grifter of New England, believing he was the modern 'incarnation' of Artful Dodger himself, studied in the Ivy-League but learned of the capitalism diagonals of various commerce-highways 'chess' and intrigue and was currently making blood-diamond insurance commentary on social-media to share with like-minded gem-market high artists (wow).



AMLAN SATAN: "I've dreamt this 'fantastic' deed for a Churchill-Downs horse (Arklow) for a 'cool' joint social-media gem-insurance commentary/gesture alongside the ruthless/evil blood-diamond baron (Ion) for a journal exposure regarding the horrid modern Homeland ties between horse-racing...and diamond-heat (ha)."



Well, Arklow was (seriously) en-route to becoming a millionaire-horse at this Derby-event featuring the ruthless blood-diamond baron (Ion) showcasing his 'veiled' (insured) stones, which Satan swapped with glass while enjoying the Arklow-feat at Churchill-Downs and afterwards commented on social-media, "Diamond insurance reports for horse-racing faerie-tales highlights what's 'pronounced' about American capitalism today...the 'image' of pure hands (hmm)."



INTERPOL: "Blood-diamond corruption today threatens the world-gem exchange and makes 'rogue' terrorism-finance woe!"



ION: Seems this Mr. Satan's 'James Bond veiled' for diamond-insurance chat(s).
ASSOCIATE: Surely; we heard he 'fled' with your mistress (Ezzy)!
ION: Surely; I made that joint-post about Arklow-gem hype for the horse-trophy.
ASSOCIATE: This 'prince' (Amlan) bet 'huge' on Arklow (with you), huh?
ION: Surely; I wonder what 'angel' (Ezzy) makes of all this media-lyric.
ASSOCIATE: Maybe she's making him macaroni out of the rain (ha)!
ION: Maybe he's making cyber-magazine artsy-ads about rain-hope(s).



EZZY: Do you think Ion's fate's crossing ours (now), Mr. Satan?
AMLAN: Doubtful; in fact, I made you a chess-cake cookie platter for toast.
EZZY: I'm your damsel-in-darkness, eh, Amlan Satan?
AMLAN: Surely; in fact, I'm thinking my 'Interpol-relation' deed is Arklow's chess-hand.
EZZY: Very cool.



Ezzy (Esmerelda) had become Amlan Satan's 'gift' of light in this world of Grifter-darkness, and his 'trick' with Arklow's deed informed a cool cyber-fanzine journal write for Bostonian-Derby lore and gem-insurance superstitions, perhaps (hopefully!) revealing Ion-ties with insurance-veiled gem-corruption. Meanwhile, Amlan figured he'd found an 'alternative' daydream --- an alternative to his past-life of pure-Grifter shadow(s) involving hospitality-mannequins (wow).

AMLAN: I'm refusing to become 'haunted' by the capitalist-mannequin.



FRIEND: Regret Grifter-chess/life?
SATAN (Amlan): Nah...I've remembered the 'image' of myself as Bartleby.
FRIEND: Alright!



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson).
====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on April 14, 2023
Last Updated on April 14, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing