Writing American Aid

Writing American Aid

A Story by Abishai100
"

Can sports-writing invoke a special 'superstition' concerning Homeland hyperbole (for culture)?

"
A consumerism 'superstition' fable inspired (loosely) by Field of Dreams (Kevin Costner). 
----
====

Amlan was working in Haddonfield and visited the sports card-castle shop on the main-street every Friday morning for his review of the newest treasures/collections ordered by the owner/merchant, perhaps to procure a special examination of the value-traffic of sports-valuables coming into the Eastern coast of the American Homeland and perhaps deriving inspiration for a 'cool' sports-superstition themed great American novel about the 'magic' of sports-collectibles, specifically trade-cars (football/baseball/cheerleaders/McDonald's, etc.).



AMLAN: This Homeland's face for market-chess and image of the muscular 'angles' of turning beauty into capitalism, and that's how the 'fitness' holograms of sports-cards/athletics-media reflect a Western-American 'pseudo-spiritual' knowledge of the street-IQ of consumerism-happiness.



Amlan, an Ivy-grad of the United States, liked using capitalism-treasures and special sports-market trophies to cast himself as an American superstition-writer/imagineer of the contours of competition-imagination and why sports drew social-media fans to think 'seriously' about competitive hospitality.



Well, one day at the card-castle shop (Haddonfield), Amlan saw a shelved kids' board-game box version of the Occult-activity of Ouija, a home-game offering representing the 'taboo' superstition of invoking afterlife spirits/ghosts for contact/friendship/intrigue with a game-like fantasy setting and asked the owner/merchant why the sports-store would carry such an item of consumerism strangeness in New Jersey!

MERCHANT: Well, I wanted to 'feather' my sports-cards with a Ouija-game for consumer-market frills-lyrics for Xmas-shopping season.
AMLAN: Alright; I'd like to buy one box (thanx).



Does the modern Homeland require a 'fresh' sense of commerce-life superstition/magic storyboards and imagery for art/religion; and if so is Amlan going to use his Ouija (Haddonfield) trophy for home mysticism experiments in Civil-War ghost-invocations to complement his American sports-card(s) superstition 'inspired' novel about antiterrorism oriented capitalism-race history? What do you think?



WIFE: Our daughters think your sports-cards are worth billions, darling.
AMLAN: Well, their your daughters!
WIFE: Hey, I'm happy with my divorce and my remarriage (with you!).
AMLAN: I know, I know, but I don't want 'our' daughters to be sports-obsessed.
WIFE: Well, your cards are really beautiful, darling.
AMLAN: Why'd you adopt teenage girls (and not infants)?
WIFE: I wanted my 'American' life to reflect instant duty and not indulgence.
AMLAN: I married a philosopher.
WIFE: Hey, I love capitalism as much as you.
AMLAN: Alright!



The prize in Amlan's collection ironically was not one of his more valuable cards such as the Ken Griffey, Bo Jackson, or Barry Bonds rookie-cards but his 'cool' (and much less valued!) Ryne Sandberg (Cubs-Topps) 2nd-year 'gem' (which he felt re-presented a 'field-superstition' about the human magic of hyperbole (hmm).

AMLAN: "With the Ouija-game with my daughters, I'll find the right Civil-War 'ghost' inspiration for making the Sandberg-Topps gem the 'subject' of my novel about sportsmanship/competition hubris."



WIFE: I got you this saree-store (Edison) mannequin 'magic' figurine photo-image (inspiration) to enhance your Ouija-sports novel-concept for superstition(s)-headiness.
AMLAN: I've become a 'collector' of soul, darling...a 'true' writer.
WIFE: Maybe.



One night, when Amlan and his wife were enjoying the Netflix-film Exorcist II: The Heretic (Linda Blair), Amlan commented, "Aha, this is the deeper note for my sports-cards/treasures and spirits/ghosts superstition-concept American novel (American Aids), some reference of the 'darkness' of wrought Homeland hysteria (for the Ego)." His wife replied, "Maybe coffee-culture is a sport rather than an art, darling."



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on April 15, 2023
Last Updated on April 15, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing