Social-Engineer {American Hours}

Social-Engineer {American Hours}

A Story by Abishai100
"

Will a capitalism writer's random foray into the media-laurels of one 'special' college-sports program yield a Pulitzer...and a ghost?

"
A 'magic-tale' featuring a 'cool' American media-fanfare and citizenry 'superstition' reference to the amazing multi-title/honors earning Duke basketball program, and (very loosely!) inspired by Blue Chips (Nick Nolte). 
----
====

I worked as a capitalism superstitions storywriter in New England and New Jersey and fashioned myself to have become quite an American Homeland cyber-fan/artist of the landscape for media-broadcast sports, particularly college-athletics, focusing on how social media 'access' to student-competition 'culture' facilitated all forms of citizenry-commentary/interest regarding 'academic' examinations of media-culture in the West (wow).



I created a special 'comics-cartoon' rendition of the Duke University Blue Devils college-basketball logo for a cyber-tale concerning how fanfare for the legendary 'Cameron Crazies' of American-TV had fueled a special American interest/rate for sportsmanship fantasy. Duke had won 5 national titles and countless ACC (conference) titles and earned numerous/consecutive season #1-rankings, making them the cyber-age inheritor of the UCLA Bruins (Wooden-era) mantle (wow). This 'comics-cartoon' logo of Duke (which I used for a superstitious-story about a Cameron-Crazies fellow named Amlan Satan who hallucinates a 'ghost-cheerleader' following him around on campus) is the subject of this story (really). Follow along, in this tale of media age magic/wonder.



AMLAN SATAN: "I'd been playing with my toy water-Uzi on the campus field with my friends and one of our linguistics teachers (Dr. Hardy) when I noticed the 'ghostly-apparition' of a basketball cheerleader (Tandy) leaping/dancing somewhere in the distance, and only I noticed her, and I had to wonder if she was enthralled by this summer-term field-energy concerning the 'academic patriotism' of American hubris."



My story about Amlan Satan won the Pulitzer, and I went on to become an even more 'avid-fan' of Duke basketball, despite the fact that I was (in fact!) an Ivy-grad (Dartmouth College) and (honestly) donned the modern cyber-storywriting 'Duke-mantle' as a faraway-TV fan of all this media-era college-sports broadcast marketing/magic in New England and New Jersey. I even began collecting various Duke-sports mementos/treasures, including a 'fantastic' Redick game-ticket prize-card/gem which I hailed as a modern 'trophy' for anyone invested in the interest/rate of sports/competition class history (or dramatics!).



This story I'm relaying to you now, I'm keeping in a special/private 'time-capsule' which I'm burying in my backyard (Echelon, New Jersey!). You see, after writing this Pulitzer-winning sports-superstition 'tale' of Amlan Satan, I started 'seeing' that very-same 'cheerleader-ghost' that I'd fantasized about in my 'telling' of the Duke-fieldplay magic hour in America. I now wonder if this 'specter' of American-beauty was somehow some kind of 'shadow' or 'light-field' regarding the re-presentations of competition hubris or superstition or some kind of 'academic patriotism' oriented mental daydream. Who was this apparition of a fine lovely lady of Duke-color? Was she some kind of 'magic' culmination of all the stories I'd written about capitalism superstitions/madness? I'll never know (now).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on April 20, 2023
Last Updated on April 20, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Football-2 Football-2

A Story by Abishai100





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114