Bones/Gate: American Head-Line

Bones/Gate: American Head-Line

A Story by Abishai100
"

A portrait of social-house academic culture (America) reflecting a 'modern' honor.

"
An homage to campus feathers, inspired by Animal House (John Landis).
DISCLAIMER: This work of campus-life fiction offers no explicit ties/references to any particular "Greek organization" (fraternity/sorority/etc.) in the United States and all images used herein comprise a purely 'personal' examination for social expressions (for 'open' referencing). 
----
====

A special Ivy social-house in North America called Bones/Gate was the site of some pretty nifty social-media/Selfie culture 'chess' ideations of Homeland confidence in the post-9/11 era, not necessarily tied to any one particular belief-system or economic endeavor. Follow along in this tale of Western insight.



The house used to be part of a national chapter of the grand American college "Greek-system" of fraternities/sororities/co-eds, clubs with housing and historic buildings devoted to extra-curricular activity with self-organized rituals/events for campus exercises like Homecoming weekend (autumn, usually). The house, Bones/Gate split from the national chapter of its bannerhead (DTD) when it opted to admit more ethnic members, deviating from any 'formal' agenda of the nation-wide banner. Since its split/independence, the house (Bones/Gate) endorsed forms of social-activity driven confidence and choreographed campus activity designed to promote more social-media 'friendly' forms of academic-environment entertainment or camp-like democracy (usually!).



The house boasted rather 'regular' examinations of the assessment or evaluations of group membership/recruitment as every season of freshmen-class students wondered if they'd fit into this "Greek-system" of campus student life, and the Rush-Chair this year, Amlan Satan, an alumnus living inside the house while working on his great American novel, Capitalist Rules, confirmed ideas that Bones/Gate was a 'real' outlet for antisocialism fears (hmm).



AMLAN SATAN (Rush-Chair): We're the actual inspiration for the American student-life film (John Landis), and if you're new to social-media/Selfie culture, we'll train you to embrace the 'religious face' of Western-civilization network-oriented fitness or humor (for Homeland Ego).



While working on his novel about capitalism chess and post Cold-War Homeland choreography in the emerging media culture, Mr. Satan toasted to his new recruits (Bones/Gate) a 'fantastic' Peanuts-media themed chess-set/toy to remind the 'younglings' how America encouraged inventive forms of ambition-minded humor (ha).



AMLAN SATAN: I used to date a college professor while I was an undergrad (sophomore) at this great American college, and I assure you 'younglings' that learning about the personality of Homeland confidence requires a special or even mystical focus on the colors/shapes of society's special 'highness' face (I promise you that!).



RECRUIT (Sophomore): Mr. Satan's use of comics-oriented tales/energy/doodles for our house activities/events for Homecoming encourage the new members to think creatively about the 'superstitions' behind modern American ambitious life (yeah).



AMLAN SATAN: We're requiring the new members to train with a nuclear-revision version (homemade) of city-politics simulation games featuring urban controls/management of world-war governance scenarios, to aid them in becoming more adept with Earth's capitalism heat (wow).



Is choreographed student/social life in the post-9/11 era Homeland (United States) 'fertile' for superstitions-hospitality in this time of great commerce/traffic and social-media/Selfie 'culture' intrigue? That's the belief of Amlan Satan (Bones/Gate) who hoped to coordinate house culture activity with those of the other 'neighbor' houses for a cool image of democratic heat (hmm).



AMLAN SATAN: If we Earthlings were invaded by Martians who ended up 'fascinated' by our cyber/social-media/Selfie culture in the Homeland, we just might cite our 'Animal-House' examination as reflective of all that's simply psychiatric on this Blue Planet (science-fiction).



SATAN'S WIFE: Your Animal-House view of capitalism/social-media caters to faerie-tales of antiterrorism.
AMLAN: Excellence, darling; it's a Homeland of 'cool' high-art.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on April 25, 2023
Last Updated on April 25, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing