Border-Quality: Vigilante/Cafe

Border-Quality: Vigilante/Cafe

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated portrait of Mexican-American vigilante (with a modern 'touch' of Romanticism) offering 'true' helium.

"
A fable about modern vigilantes and inspired by Once Upon a Time in Mexico (Johnny Depp). Enjoy! 
----
====

Let me tell you what transformed me from a comics-artist/cartoonist and schoolteacher into a Tijuana-bordertown vigilante. It all had to do with a horrifying news-story (TV) I saw regarding a group of young college students murdered while traveling as tourists in Tijuana for spring-break and seemingly left abandoned without any civics-controls for traveler-securities as American tourists. I was horrified that there was insecure travel for American college students seeking tourist-views for spring-break. The cops seemed unable to deter such a crime in a fragile Earth, and something inside me snapped (emotionally!) when I saw the story on TV. After all, I happened to be a Tijuana-visitor and loved the lit area of immigration-reflective Western continental traffic/hearsay (ha).



My name's Amlan Satan and I took the vigilante alias 'Storm-Shadow' when I went undercover in the late-hours of street-nights in Tijuana (Mexico) and realized that my newfound life would be one of vigilantism and 'action' applied social examination of tourism-securities potential. I didn't want the cops to feel all alone in this post-9/11 era 'Crusade' and hence decided to become a police-force 'ally' in this bordertown-quality view of social-media commentary surrounding tourism-value in Mexico (wow).



I was in an iconic eatery-dive/cafe in Tijuana (Mexico) one autumn morning and decided to lay my toy water-rifle on the table where I'd been enjoying Mexican coffee and churros when the lovely waitress (Ezzy) explained she was a nightclub goer and hoped I'd join her on a special town-weekend (Saturday) experience as she found me rather 'dashing' and was 'fascinated' by my see-thru/transparent toy water-rifle with working-gears/parts. Ezzy was the right 'maiden' in my vigilante-crusade for bordertown-quality social-media (hmm).



EZZY: What do you think, man?
ME (Amlan Satan): I'm kind of happy to have this big silly cowboy hat on tonight, Ezzy!
EZZY: Cool; you seem to enjoy dancing (to Latin-music!).
ME: I feel more 'confident' with you (and your girlfriends too!).
EZZY: Righteous; I'll get us more drinks (eh?).



Ezzy was mired in some local druglord nasty business tied to a blood-diamond baron working alongside some darker/seedier 'non-relation descendant' of Pablo Escobar and didn't know who to ask for help and blurted her 'troubles' to me while she lay in our bed the morning-after our romantic engagement. I fell in love with her (instantly) and swore I'd whisk her away from Mexico and to a 'chateau' in Geneva after I won the lottery. Meanwhile, I was to rescue her from this diamond-ring hellmouth (hmm).



POLICE-CHIEF (Ally): Vigilantism is for the birds, Satan.
ME (Amlan Satan): There's something to be said about Batman comics.
POLICE-CHIEF: Folklore's fun, but the real world (Tijuana) is bloody-murder, man.
ME: I know, but admit you feel 'comfort' hearing from a 'nutso' he's your ally.
POLICE-CHIEF: I suppose a 'vigilante' is preferable (these days) to pure psychopaths (ha).
ME: Hey, and I won't tell anyone you're feeding me Mexico-info for this Crusade, friend.
POLICE-CHIEF: Good luck, Satan (really).



Well about 3 months later, I got Ezzy out of her Tijuana waitress-bond mess with the diamond-ring linked to a nasty Cartel in the bordertown and saw her return with me to La Jolla where she began teaching part-time at an ESL-program (language-arts/immigration office ties!) and living with me as my future wife. The diamond-ring was some 'operation' tied to an African 'program' stretching all the way to Vancouver, and all I had to do was poke holes with my water-gun filled with acid at the Cartel-minion vans driving-by late-night (Tijuana) with their insurance-extortion message, "Blood-diamonds are reality for Mexico; insurance-idealism is a 'past' hour."



So, why'd I become a vigilante and leave-behind my past-life and use my Wall Street fortunes (Ford) to fund my own bordertown-quality 'Crusade' which brought me unanticipated Romanticism? You might say that conversing with social-media users brought me 'closer' to an Earth-prince 'chess-ideation' that wrought social controls for street-sanity and optimism may be seen during encounters/chats with Western-world citizens invested in the 'calculated' reality of our planet's 'eccentric' Hell.



EZZY: Eagle fan-gear/gloves for my man for our snow-trip to the Alps.
ME: Excellence; that bordertown-quality Hell is a 'past' hearing (darling).
EZZY: Excellence.



I bought Ezzy an amazing diamond-ring for our consummated courtship, and I considered her the Juliet to my Romeo or Ophelia to my Hamlet (or something cool!). Vigilantism was not what I had in mind for myself when I was a kid. I dreamt of being a fireman or pilot, not a vigilante. That's what happened, nevertheless, but now I'm retired, and living happily (married). The true diamond in my life concerns my feelings for Ezzy's simple 'everyday' hours (and it's all thanks to that Mexican cafe where I met her).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on May 1, 2023
Last Updated on May 1, 2023
Tags: Modern, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing