Saboteur: Athletic Darkness {Honorable-Mention}

Saboteur: Athletic Darkness {Honorable-Mention}

A Story by Abishai100
"

Portrait of sportsmanship-examination and capitalism-symbolic citizenry 'vigilance' revealing a Homeland magic/darkness for the hero.

"
Narrative portrait of sportsman/capitalist 'intrigue' and examination, inspired by various media. Thanks for reading (and Happy Mother's Day)! 
DISCLAIMER: This work of sports-fiction offers no ties to any 'similar' real-life story/event and all images used comprise a purely 'personal' exercise in social hyperbole (for an 'open' view). 
----
====

I was performing a special examination of a special case of Super Bowl superstition-tied magic and darkness in the American Homeland involving a recruit-receiver for a champion-level pro-football spirits team contending for the major title against a serious rival. This recruit was a 'stranger' employed by an unknown insidious investor who hoped to cast him as his special Saboteur-of-Society and intentionally ground great passes thrown to him during the title-game to throw-off the odds-pools 'chats' surrounding the social media 'friendly' activity leading up to the game under review (wow). Well, I'd always been a sports/football fan and had boasted a special Donruss 'treasure' on the cyber-forums leading up to this journalism-worthy event for American athletes/storytellers. Follow along!



I was a fan of the Seton Hall Pirates (basketball) while I was in college and became a Wall Street investor with my princely-inherited fortunes in the Homeland before embarking on this sportsmanship-storytelling 'Crusade' in the Homeland that drew me to this cyber-rumor 'arena' in which I discovered this strange tale of the championship-game Saboteur and felt 'moved' to draw in commentary from various fans of the American sports-capitalism symbolic new millennium landscape of personality-driven Ego (ha).



Was this Saboteur-of-Society some kind of "Evil-Elf" thwarting our everyday/patriot senses of sportsmanship activity/commentary leading up to that title-game under review? I spent hours writing stories and comments about the scope/darkness of this potential threat to modern football arena sportsmanship, hoping the audience 'energy' would create enough game-field 'gossip' for the athletes themselves to tend to this potential/invisible threat. I sought to use journalism to detour this horrid action and presented the 'hypothetical' Saboteur-of-Society as an anti-capitalism Evil-Elf, complete with his own doodle-avatar (hmm).



Well, fortunately, the Saboteur-vision didn't come to fruition, and our antagonist 'Evil-Elf' didn't achieve that anti-trophy of sportsmanship-activity/commentary in the modern Homeland. In fact, the Saboteur's team-QB effectively completed almost all his passes during that title-game 'event' and won the game for the team (wow). The team had 'choreographed' a sort of audible-agility to 'move-around' the Saboteur-receiver and simply 'select' alternative receivers/ends for the catches that delivered touchdowns and afterwards synthesized their 'cool' American heroics in public video-game cyber-platforms (ha!).



Incidentally, the 'hypothetical' Saboteur recruit-receiver for that unnamed champions-level pro-football spirits team in the United States ended up (eventually) being traded to the rival team his star-QB helped defeat during that 'event' in the Homeland, which I now felt like a part of, as a 'hero' behind the curtain! I decided to collect a special 'array' of sportsmanship-fineries for my new American novel about capitalism-symbolic fanfare in the new millennium, titled (appropriately) Field of Hand (Dartmouth Publishing).



I would eventually win the Pulitzer for my sportsmanship-capitalism 'conspiracy-theory' examination and then got married and had a son (Damian) for whom I purchased a capitalism-superstition 'reflective' edition of the iconic work of adventurism-religiosity Treasure Island, with which I'd tell Damian about those 'precocious American' views of wrought fortune-life dangers...and a highness.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on May 10, 2023
Last Updated on May 10, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing