Philly Treasures

Philly Treasures

A Story by Abishai100
"

An epic about city-examinations of adventure and intelligence, tied to a diamond-lore concerning 'real' hospitality.

"
My magnus-opus on Philadelphia's treasure-island face for modernism vigilance, inspired (loosely) by The Grifters (John Cusack). 
DISCLAIMER: The images used herein offer no ties/links to any representative person(s)/body and therefore comprise a purely 'personal' exercise in social hyperbole/invention/writing (for 'open' commentary). 
----
====

In the City of Brotherly Love (Philadelphia), also known simply/colloquially as 'Philly' (home of the Eagles/Flyers/Phillies/Sixers), the diamond-thief Amlan Satan (aka, 'Storm-Shadow') had planned an orchestrated bank-box heist of a special journal-rumor blood-diamond baron's smuggled holdings from conflict-zones in Africa.

AMLAN SATAN ('Storm-Shadow'): Blood-diamond traffic 'sullies the quality of the gem-market insurance highways in Philly, and I'm making this media-theater for a conversation on social-media surrounding insurance-quality for the city's Xmas-consumer, leading all the way to Valentine's Day (ha).



Philadelphia had boasted much in media and traffic and commerce to warrant a special examination of the city's treasures and insurance quality, and Amlan Satan, who doubled by day as a city dentist (ha), wished to create a 'cool-customer' view of the nature of capitalism-commerce defenses in the post-9/11 era Homeland and draw in social-media investors/readers seeking to inquire of the blood-diamonds nefarious cyber-glorified diamonds/hospitality (wow).



Storm-Shadow (Amlan Satan) knew that the blood-diamond baron, investing in corrupted conflict-zone gems (Sierra Leone) would wash his 'Philly-Treasures' at the pronounced city gem-store and create an insurance-veil through overground commercial traffic, requiring a new 'form' of media-theater Robin Hood or James Bond character deeds for public reviews of insurance-hubris (hmm).



STORM-SHADOW: "Considering the breadth of asset-holdings in the bank where the gem-baron under review (Ion) is storing his conflict-zone gems (used for 'rogue' terrorism/warlord-zone finances) in Philadelphia, it's no shock that what this Homeland city of the post-9/11 era needs are 'deeds' for everyday overground lenses for the 'gerunds' of treasure-history."



It was said that blood-diamond traffic, in the past, would only affect gem-sales and profits underground in the actual warlord-zones in which they'd been mined (Africa), but pirate-smuggling tied to corrupt politics (abroad) drew some of the 'excess-silos' of these 'dirty-gems' into the already-challenged American Homeland of terrorism-examinations. Storm-Shadow was at an iconic Philly-media hyped pre-Xmas consumerism season college-sports 'event' in which the gem-baron was present to create a media-ad 'laurel' for his new tie with the city's jewelry-merchant firm.

STORM-SHADOW (Amlan Satan): Me thinks this capitalism-race story of socialized activity for commerce/entertainment/education highlights one of the 'faces' of the worst feature of treasure-chess --- neglected (or overlooked) handshakes.



GIRLFRIEND: I've got to appear at the Atlantic-City beach-modeling event out of Philly.
SATAN (Storm-Shadow): Don't fear; this exercise of city-media won't interfere!
GIRLFRIEND: I dream of the day you're a dentist in New Zealand, my prince.
SATAN: Me too...hey, there's always room for non-work time 'social media comforts' for photo-shares.
GIRLFRIEND: Maybe you'll get me an engagement-ring complementing a photo-spread we'll make together.
SATAN: You're such the head-master.



Would Amlan settle down in Europe or New Zealand with his girlfriend and marry and have a son and build him a life-mission reflective pirate-ship model/toy and tell him about the value of capitalism/treasures heroics (or deeds)? Such was the hope of his beloved; but for now, this pirate-sail was a 'distance' hand.



GIRLFRIEND: I got you this exquisite novel about 'wrought' deeds of world-hospitality fantasy.
SATAN (Storm-Shadow): Wow, something to read at the dentist's office, darling!



His girlfriend who happened to be a fashion-model in the City of Brotherly Love and a media-spokeswoman for a new national-cyber diamond-hype ad-campaign tied to Churchill Downs aristocracy/investments wanted to share with her beau a mint-julep drink for the summer, the coming summer, when all this blood-diamond media-theater hellfire was simply in the past...and the two would look to the future for an 'examination' of hospitality's 'cooler' face --- that of pure housing.



The key to this bank heist of blood-diamonds was an inside-man named Yang who worked inside the jewelry-store of Philly tied to the bank where the gem-baron had created this citywide insurance-veil. Amlan showed Yang his 'media-theater' photos of the Philadelphia college-athletics 'event' in which the baron attended for his diamond-showcase 'agenda' for the City of Brotherly Love and persuaded him to help him create a social-media 'ad-mask' for a re-presentation of treasure-securities/confidence hype (with Interpol-relation!).



ION: This 'heist' with insurance-insinuation in this college-media timespan of our diamond-marketing 'agenda' for Philadelphia shows no tracks leading to this 'rapper' (for Interpol-relation).



Storm-Shadow had achieved the impossible, with the assistance (of course!) with his unlikely hero-deed partner (Yang) and inside-man. The City of Brotherly Love now had the 'laurel' of a new 'flock' of (Interpol-relation?) inquirers examining the quality of treasure-insurance journals tied to various media 'rich' markets, including college-athletics events with pronounced commercial supporters/patrons. Was Amlan Satan the modern-day Robin Hood? Fans on social-media would (surely) 'emulate' this 'act' with cooler Halloweentime masks/hospitality.



INTERPOL: Blood-diamond corruption (today) threatens the world-gem exchange and makes 'rogue' terrorism-finance woe.



GIRLFRIEND: Here, I made you this Xmas-consumerism parody-doodle/avatar ("Evil_Elf").
SATAN (Storm-Shadow): Aha, for a cyber-comics fable about wrought capitalism-energy vigilance (eh?).
GIRLFRIEND: Now, you owe me that engagement-ring, my prince.
SATAN: Sure honey; Evil-Elf shall remind me what our next Xmas shows --- 'pure' heart.



Amlan would marry his Philly-treasure and move to Brussels, where they'd have a son (Damian) for whom he'd get an Xmas-time book-gift (Treasure Island) with which he'd share with his boy the capitalism-race 'view' of wrought adventurism sanity (or heart).

SATAN: "Life's a beach...and then you find interest."



GIRLFRIEND/WIFE: You're still just a darling-dentist of Philly, Amlan Satan (to me!).
SATAN: Boy, am I craving some Philadelphia Cream-Cheese (haha)?



DAMIAN: This signed Oliver-Reds (Upper Deck) 'treasure' from Philadelphia's just what I wanted...the eBay seller was such a cool pirate (thanks to the Amazon).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on May 11, 2023
Last Updated on May 11, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing