Bobby's Handwriting*

Bobby's Handwriting*

A Story by Abishai100
"

Fan diorama about why a media-broadcast era college-athletics market 'treasure' symbolizes all that's American health/story.

"
A 'fan-diorama' about an American fascination with media-broadcast college-athletics symbolism for social network high-art, referencing the iconic college celebrity, Bobby Hurley (Duke basketball 1989-1993), which I hope you'll like, 
DISCLAIMER: This work of 'sports fanfiction' contains images used herein with no commercial/formal ties to any representative person(s)/body and is therefore cast as purely a 'personal' exercise in social expression (for 'open' writing). 
----
 

----

====

My name's Amlan Satan, and I moved from Algiers to Boston when I was a young boy and became a fan of the American landscape of sports-media/market treasures, especially sports (baseball, football, basketball, ice-hockey) trade-cards, which flowered my special TV-fanfare interests in broadcast-athletics, both pro and college-level. In fact, I became a super-fan of the excellence of the iconic men's basketball program of Duke University, which boasted a whopping 5 national titles (1991, 1992, 2001, 2010, 2015) and countless ACC (conference) titles and regular-season #1 rankings. As I followed this incredible 'story' of the Duke basketball team and its 'legend' marshal, Coach K, I started to develop a fan interest in collecting images/treasures of the storied programs iconic/celebrity stars such as Christian Laettner and Elton Brand and JJ Redick. In particular, I became a super-fan of the legendary 1989-1993 Duke guard and shooting-ace Bobby Hurley, who propelled his team to consecutive national titles (wow).

I decided to procure a special Duke-Hurley trade-card sports-media 'treasure' for my birthday to put into my album of American sports-market/media treasures or 'trophies' of the capitalism-race landscape of competition-class iconography and symbolism and thought about all the commerce-life Ego securities/flowery of the United States in the post-9/11 era and why (arguably) a Duke celeb (Bobby Hurley) would be cast as a an immigrant-sportsmanship fan's special 'eye' for media-broadcast excellence in the Homeland for defenses in American traffic-lifestyle! This was a 'cool' brand of antiterrorism rhetoric for Americans --- sports-media driven lifestyle/fanfare/fitness confidence and imagination and spirit. Sure, America's 'disliked' by folks around the fair Earth, but my Duke-Hurley trade-card 'trophy' would remind me why competition and sportsmanship would (perhaps) be 'likened' to a form of special Homeland Ego (for all!).

I began to think my Duke-Hurley trade-card 'trophy' was something like a 'gold' finery for the flowery and frills of American consciousness and intuition for fitness and sports-storyboards and general patriotism for why we Americans cheered college-athletics and likeable media as a reflection of general capitalism-race lifestyle confetti for social activity in this age of traffic-and-network driven social customs/fashion/education. Sure, Bobby Hurley was not a Larry Bird or a Michael Jordan, but he'd be canonized in the annals of broadcast college-athletics as a 'star' of certain American Homeland media-spirits, which is why I'd consider my special/magical Duke-Hurley trade-card an 'icon' for what makes American superstition reflective of a unique (if 'critiqued') form of capitalism's highness --- handwriting (wow).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

{Bobby Hurley Duke trade-card}


© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on May 15, 2023
Last Updated on May 15, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing