Blood Inch

Blood Inch

A Story by Abishai100
"

A writer's encounter with a possible 'stranger woman' may yield a Windy-City 'image' of purified badness (for all).

"
A romance noir inspired by various media (books/movies). Hope you like, 
----
====

In this pensive Windy-City of darkened skies and climate-shifts thanks to eco-pollution, I'd become a special capitalism-superstition writer, penning cyber (online) shorts about hideous leprechauns preying on investors and worker-bees and creating general panic, as if post-9/11 era American city streets weren't already 'blood-simple' with traffic-life 'paranoia' created by that 'any-moment' panic concerning unpredictable/random terror and mania perpetrated by foreign fundamentalists and 'reactionary' 'homegrown' weirdos (ha).



Nevertheless, I considered this stranger exercise in storytelling (on the cyber-highway of the challenged Windy-City of still-active Bulls-Bears markets and sports-bars energizer hype) for superstition-imagery quite valued/valuable and made some 'cool' modern intelligentsia folk-pulp fiction 'pals' online for a social-media (newfound) interest in the 'personality' behind American Homeland activity (ha).



Well, this story, semi-personal, concerns not a leprechaun or fortune-tale of paranoia blended with crime-noir subtly invoking our newfound new-age terror concerning foreign terrorists invading the Homeland but a stranger 'lady-hawk' who invaded my life and sensibility and became (suddenly) my haunting 'muse' of Romanticism, one I'd not anticipated given my inherited forms of Western-world cynicism. I'd end up shockingly casting special street-encounter romance-fantasy imagery (e.g., women walking in the rain) on social-media to complement my new series of shorts about unanticipated love/magic in the rainy Windy-City of darkened skies. Her name was Ezzy, and I'd not been able to predict in any manner that she may've been some kind of American Psycho (wow).



EZZY: What do you think, darling prince?
ME: Wow...did you paint this...rather 'graphic' portrait of intercourse in Chicago?
EZZY: Maybe I did, writer-man; maybe I bought it (online); I think you like!
ME: I love it; I love you!
EZZY: Sure...but I'm suspicious you'll depart from your vows if you're swayed.
ME: Hey, you're all the mystery of temptation I might have been seeking (now).
EZZY: Keep this painting (for yourself); I won't tell you if I made it (myself!).
ME: A mind-game for humility (no?); maybe I'll compare it with online-arts.
EZZY: Alright.



Ezzy shocked me with this presentation of an intercourse-painting she'd insist was (perhaps!) something of an 'original-thought' of hers in the challenged Windy-City of darkened skies. However, she really took me for a 'spin' when she (later) gifted me a toy dart-gun of great colors/design and playful shape and forced me to wonder if I was dating a gorgeous 'lady-hawk' with the mind of a (welcomed) little girl (wow).



EZZY: What do you think?
ME: Aha, gourmet-sushi for a rainy Chicago night for romance/movies (wow).
EZZY: Do you 'believe' I made it (myself), darling-prince?
ME: You know, I'm penning a series of shorts about our stranger meetings.
EZZY: Will you mention our 'chemistry' (in bed), darling-prince?
ME: I haven't decided yet if you made this tasty-sushi (yourself!).
EZZY: Maybe I did...and maybe I poisoned it (too).
ME: Wow...I'm getting goosebumps, Ezzy; and it ain't even Halloween's Eve.
EZZY: Where're you going, writer-man?
ME: To exorcise my paranoia with writing (farewell, Ezzy).



I never saw Ezzy again, after fleeing from her certainly murderous clutches that rainy Windy-City night in her Chicago-residence. I knew she must've poisoned that tasty-sushi she presented on a platter when I got to her place for that date-night. We'd made love so many times, you'd be hard-pressed to think I'd 'anticipate' this was some 'cliched' paranoia I'd inherited from a Chicago-Netflix viewing of Basic Instinct (Sharon Stone) and not The Shining (Shelly Duvall), but that's just what happened (to me!). I met an American Psycho...veiled as a 'lady-hawk' of American Homeland 'religious' Romanticism. I never saw Ezzy again, but I continue to write about her, secretly hoping/fantasizing she's reading these cyber-shorts (online), forgiving me for 'hunting' me like a victim (or target!) and (instead) embracing for the better the time-shared we enjoyed and how it inspired these self-made tales of darkness...and simple brains (for all).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on June 2, 2023
Last Updated on June 2, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Devil's One Devil's One

A Story by Abishai100