Halloween-Shine(s)

Halloween-Shine(s)

A Story by Abishai100
"

A very offbeat 'extra human' tale of Halloween in Haddonfield, featuring an 'allusion' for contact-materialism.

"
A Halloween 'aura' fable. 
----
====

Amlan and Ezzy settled into their Haddonfield-Jersey town for the Halloween season, having moved from New England to create a new life together while guarding the secret that Ezzy, Amlan's girlfriend, was actually a Martian (non-human). However, they'd not disclose this 'dark' secret to anyone, especially in this mod-Homeland (American) social-media 'commentary' culture of those pesky 'incomplete-distances' to pedestrianism/lifestyle ornamentation (for 'personality' hyperbole!).



What's unusual about this tale from the dark-side of the consciousness is not the ideation that Ezzy was a (secret/private) Martian, humanoid in appearance, and (really) in-love with Amlan (her human boyfriend). What's the real 'spice' of pumpkin-pie bizarreness for hospitality-readings in the Homeland (America) concerns the 'door-knock Amlan/Ezzy received on Oct.-30, the night before Halloween, which is known as 'Devil's Night' in Haddonfield (wow).



STRANGER: Knock, knock, Mr./Mrs.
AMLAN/EZZY: Do we know you?
STRANGER: Can't you see I seek greetings on Devil's Night, Mr./Mrs.?
AMLAN/EZZY: So, why're you masked before Halloween, stranger?
STRANGER: I mean to scare some religion into you, Mr./Mrs.
AMLAN/EZZY: For what form, stranger (wow)?
STRANGER: Cinema (thanx).



What did this stranger want by knocking with this omen-rich message for Amlan/Ezzy in the Homeland (Haddonfield)? Why'd he come masked on Devil's Night, insisting he meant to 'inject' some religion into their lives of 'ordinary' consciousness? Of course, Amlan/Ezzy had prepared for an 'ordinary' Halloween season after moving-into their Haddonfield house in early-October (surely). Amlan was reading Thomas Mallory that night (Oct.30) and Ezzy had just finished up her house-decorations for the next-day trick-or-treaters, so all was well (really).



STRANGER: I'll pardon your residence if you reveal a 'treasured' secret!
AMLAN/EZZY: Why'd we consider this a command for forgiveness?
STRANGER: I know you're new to Haddonfield; and I represent a clan.
AMLAN/EZZY: We're to 'shock' you with a revelation to warrant passing?
STRANGER: Right-o; and this 'shock' can't simply be a 'toy-treasure' gift.
AMLAN/EZZY: Wow...even for pre-Thanksgiving/Xmas consumerism.
STRANGER: You've 30 minutes...I'll wait in your porch (silently), friends.
AMLAN/EZZY: Alright (thanx).



The stranger was 'shocked' in value/weight, when Amlan drafted a letter reading, "Ezzy/I moved into Haddonfield and seek to settle and live peacefully/quietly as 'ordinary' patriots of America (Jersey) and keep-secret the 'truth' that Ezzy is a Martian in humanoid-form, and my true-love; perhaps this 'revelation' of a good-hearted trust-nature and signature warrants a sort of American residential 'traffic-pattern' pardon, given its social-media culture 'friendly' handshake for colloquial 'celebrations' of the outrageous/isolationists."

The Stranger accepted this bizarre letter and departed, but the very-next night, on Halloween Eve, while Amlan was playing piano, and Ezzy was gifting trick-or-treaters with Mars-candy, the Stranger reappeared, in the same mask, with a 'friend' in a different costume, this time with a different message for the 'extra-human' (American) couple.

STRANGERS: We kindly seek your happiness, for we accept this truth you're not (simply) humans but a man and a Martian living-together in our cool Haddonfield-area; hence, we mark your home/residence as a 'haven' or Citadel for what makes American residential areas a 'thing' of social-media 'friendly' bureaucracy (for the Ego).



After Halloween passed, Amlan generated a series of sci-fi invasion/colonization/fantasy inter-planetary fanfiction boards on the cyber-highway(s) and accented his 'marking' of housing/haven in dear Haddonfield as a miracle borne out of a revelation that simultaneously safeguarded Ezzy's 'dark' secret while 'shooing-away' those bizarre/masked 'Strangers' who apparently wanted some 'evidence' that new-residents required a 'social media' dazzle for 'accredited' Haddonfield-leave (for creativity?).



EZZY: How's the (delivered) pasta?
AMLAN: Awesome...fantastic thanksgiving, darling-lady!
EZZY: Didn't have the 'guts' to make it to the market for turkey.
AMLAN: Surely; the town strangers may've been unkind (ok).
EZZY: At least we secured a 'morsel' of bread/fruit (for Halloween).
AMLAN: Halloween-shines (thanx).
EZZY: You're so cool.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on October 26, 2023
Last Updated on October 26, 2023
Tags: Modern, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing