Wetlands: Bard

Wetlands: Bard

A Story by Abishai100
"

A quartet of would-be heroes contend with a messenger from the dark-side for a defense of Florida/Homeland watches (leviathan).

"
A Homeland horror-yarn featuring the 'nasty' specter Creeper (Jeepers-Creepers). 
----
====

AMLAN: Let's make for world-exchange luch-thanksgiving for antiterrorism-tales.
MARCUS: Writing about Homeland securities may draw us to a dark adversary, no?
EZZY: Don't be paranoid; our cyber-patriot comics are avant-garde diplomacy.
DANICA: Maybe Marcus has a point; what if we're 'tempting' the Devil himself?
AMLAN: With luchi bread...



Boy did Marcus have the right paranoia here, for his pals of Miami, working with a cult-fave cyber-line of antiterrorism-patriot comics for Homeland post-9/11 era invasion-paranoia storylines when a 'stranger' (actually) did begin to spy on them (wow). This 'dark' adversary, as Marcus guessed it/he would be, was the Creeper, a hat and trench-coat wearing and Medieval axe-wielding decapitation-nihilist, and he skulked and flew around the Wetlands (Florida) with semi-invisibility power(s) and had already bloody-murdered 10 trekkers in the swamp of America. Our Homeland quartet of would-be heroes prepared to trek there themselves, as rumors 'flew' on social media (for bureaucracy-readings).



When the quartet got to the Wetlands and set-up camp, they were thankful they brought flares (lights/guns) for defense/composure for that's something that the Creeper feared --- bright-light exposure. He wasn't a vampire but drank human blood and had a zombie-composition and could regenerate cells following attack/injury, but he wouldn't endure the 'metaphysical-power' of flares and incidentally hated football (hmm). Amlan had been working on a special patriot-comics storyline about a deranged 'cobra' worshiping terrorist from Mongolia who detested football for its 'tough-teamwork' religion-like atmospherics and guessed the Creeper would be 'exorcised' by some football-language (arts?).



CREEPER: You dare ground me with flare-gun shots around my heat, to my wing(s)?
QUARTET (Amlan/Marcus/Ezzy/Danica): We've brought a Miami-football trophy-IQ.
CREEPER: A silly Dolphins-Marino rookie-card for showcase, as if I care?
QUARTET: This is Miami-Florida (Homeland) net-spiritualism for patriotism/media.
CREEPER: Social media bureaucracy...I'd care less, heroes.
QUARTET: Manmade activity-arts for the spirit, Creeper; to exorcise you.
CREEPER: I'll make deal; put-away those flares and answer my question for exile.
QUARTET: You'll self-exile (to like the ocean-abyss) if we answer wisely?
CREEPER: Deal?
QUARTET: For social media (fine).



The Creeper asked the quartet why Marino never won a Super Bowl and was nevertheless a 'pronounced' Miami-Florida (Homeland) 'celebrity' (for bureaucracy/marketing)! Ezzy and Danica had the right-answer for this dark-messenger from Hell..."Why, Creeper, it's in the 'arches' of socialized competition design measurement, for a (serious) Earthling image of (simple) ambition."



Damn, the Creeper really was exorcised, and the hero-quartet (Amlan/Marcus/Ezzy/Danica) showcased their comics-adaptation (secret!) story complement, their (cherished) Marino-'trophy', for a social media friendly gathering in Miami for Wetlands-lore.

AMLAN: Sportsmanship always triumphs over danger, darling.
EZZY: Especially in the cases of leviathan-wind.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson).
====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on December 24, 2023
Last Updated on December 24, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing