A Stranger Pool

A Stranger Pool

A Story by Abishai100
"

An Earth-prince may have to down his own (estranged) father at a pool-tourney for a 'wrought' distance for (American) sportsmanship field goals (for all!).

"
A tale of a pool-guy, for Xmas-Day. Happy reading (and thanks for reading), 
----
====

Amlan Satan had become a happy Echelon/Jersey salesman and video-game competitor (Madden) in the Homeland but had harbored a 'stranger' secret concerning his estranged immigrant father (Emit), for whom he felt no social-media/Selfie culture sentimentalism given his sort of pedestrian-liberty feeling having been distanced from him for years now. Well, he was about to find an unanticipated Selfie-comment for Amlan's special/secret knack...for billiards/pool.



AMLAN SATAN: "What joy to return to my college-hobby (secret) for a coastline ocean city of great (incomplete) distances to Selfie-happiness, should I 'snatch' that coveted silver-shiny trophy from every competitor, any Creeper, Hoodwink, Baron, Queen, or otherwise, for a 'cinema' IQ (in deed!)."



AMLAN: You're in this tourney, and you're my Semi-Final challenger, Emit?
EMIT: I'm older, drunker, and secretly a billiards-man when not driving in America.
AMLAN: A traveling-salesman, Emit?
EMIT: How've you been, sonny-gem...and you prepared to hoodwink King Hamlet?
AMLAN: Surely, for my 'gift' is one of a street-acquisition(s), but my own dad, ok.
EMIT: I play with the Devil, long-lost son Amlan Satan.
AMLAN: I play with faeries and Spring-heeled Jack (myself); let's play (memory).

EMIT: Damn, I had you, Amlan Satan.
AMLAN: You didn't count on that last-round of angle-shooting after your miss, eh?
EMIT: You got lucky.
AMLAN: Perhaps in more ways than one; maybe I needed this (more).
EMIT: I'm your (estranged) daddy.
AMLAN: Be well, then; I'll win this damn tourney (for us).
EMIT: For you (post a Facebook-like).
AMLAN: Thanx (farewell...and good/close play, Emit).
EMIT: Good.



Amlan Satan won the damn tournament in that city-by-the-sea, waged against his estranged (once-alcoholic) 'dear' father (Emit) in that Semi-Final 'engagement' which made for some pretty nifty street-chess stalemate 'lore' in the Homeland, before storming past his Finals-competitor (Ed Nash) and seizing that silver-shiny tourney to laurel his secret gift at that street-sneaky sport of elegance/talent, and he learned to be humble about it, for Emit was (really) great (too).

AMLAN SATAN: "I've purchased a wonder-rich stained-glass lamp for a lovely 'princess' whom I (now) seek to heal my scar-heart and hold that pool-trophy with that special 'field goal giddiness' lighter...I need the light of true love (now!)."



ESMERELDA: Am I dating Quasimodo, Satan?
AMLAN: You sensed my wandering-prince sense of (American) idleness/blues?
ESMERELDA: Ashamed of your silver-shiny trophy (I know it).
AMLAN: You've already mesmerized me, Amlan...but don't look at me!
ESMERELDA: Perchance this is inception of a Romanticism-edge for sportsmanship.
AMLAN: You'll replace my evil father, Ezzy.
ESMERELDA: Cool (good bureaucracy readings).
AMLAN: For all (maybe)...I'm adapting this faerie-tale into some anime-arena.
ESMERELDA: Did I tell you my daddy is a wealthy football-team executive (Ohio)?
AMLAN: Wow...sounds like a 'cool' Facebook-like (for all).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on December 25, 2023
Last Updated on December 25, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing