Man-of-Midfield*

Man-of-Midfield*

A Story by Abishai100
"

A sports-fanfare superstition 'faerie-tale' revealing a Homeland life 'handshake' for the quality of (incomplete) weakness.

"
A sports/media/treasure fan love-letter, loosely drawn from the excellence in daydream storytelling/imagery from the football-fantasia film Heaven Can Wait (Warren Beatty). 
DISCLAIMER: This work of sports 'fanfiction' offers no ties to the NFL and all images used herein comprise a purely 'personal' expression (for 'open' direction). 

----


====

I'd been collecting baseball cards since I was young, but when I became an American adult, I turned my sportsmanship-fanfare to football cards. I procured among other things, two very-special American football cards/gems, one of which was a special Thanksgiving-football culture 'memoir' for Homeland superstitions/commentary, a QB-rookie card that featured an athlete for Super Bowl premonitions fancy and would draw social-media culture interest for collectors and fans and storytellers. This is a story of that treasure and why it drew in the Devil for an examination-eye for cyber/Facebook 'relevance' in interest/investment.



Surely, Thanksgiving football for holiday-season TV reminds us that special Homeland comforts in the post-9/11 era creates a cool-confidence for American culture securities and exchange, since we think less of Pearl Harbor and more about White Christmas (Bing Crosby) and Any Given Sunday (Oliver Stone). Surely, this is photo-graphics and synthesis for a nice fiction-handshake in lifestyle-drawn bureaucracy-readings for antiterrorism intuitions.



So, I made a special story-friendly Selfie-post featuring my Thanksgiving-football treasure-card, that holiday-season sportsmanship/media windows culture of those 'incomplete-distances' to net-activity drawn Homeland culture/chat confidence (for bureaucracy-readings perhaps/arguably). This special card reminded me why sports and competition would afford the American citizen (like me) a superstition-consciousness for hospitality-readings in life-securities and TV-happy comforts (for evasion of leviathan).



I live in a modest Echelon Homeland-Jersey town townhouse (with mom), where we enjoy TV together (sometimes) and where I spend time recounting special Super Bowl and Thanksgiving media memoirs of a certain (American) color. This had become my special 'memory-image' of Homeland lifestyle/broth (for the Ego).



I'm from India and US-citizen and Ivy-grad with a special love of world sports (like cricket, badminton, fencing, field-hockey, baseball/football). In deed and words, I'd become an Earthling 'critic' and 'super fan' of net-activity commentary for superstitions and bureaucracy-readings, adapting one special media/sports 'event' (Super Bowl '23, 1989) into a Selfie-friendly fan-note about contests yielding special axes-hands of contoured style/leadership (for fashion and beverages!).



This drew the attention of the Devil, who came to me in a Thanksgiving-season football dream-vision, offering a leviathan-image of perfect escapism/fantasy, perhaps for an athletics vanities consciousness (hmm). This 'adversary' of Earthling-life (IQ) presented himself, in my vision, as a reincarnation of Spring-heeled Jack, an old-London 'imp' who created street-terror messages of incomplete-distances to life/transit securities for deep/stranger superstitions (perhaps premonitions of invasion and/or terrorism).

DEVIL: You know of Spring-heeled Jack, Earth-prince?
ME: You're reincarnated as an 'avatar' of that old-London imp of lore, Devil.
DEVIL: I've now the special image-visage of a hat and coat-wearing adversary.
ME: Aha, a real 'challenger' of Homeland distances to life/media interest (IQ).
DEVIL: It's your Thanksgiving-football 'trophy' drawn my interest here/now, man.
ME: Aha, my little 'Super Bowl allusion' treasure for American-culture Ego?
DEVIL: What if I gave you athletics-fan 'wings' for perfect achievement(s)?
ME: You'd mutate me into a Thanksgiving-football culture 'star' for vanities.
DEVIL: Spring-heeled Jack of old-London afforded (similar) citizenry-holograms.
ME: Stranger still, Devil; your reincarnated visage is one of 'nemesis' quality.
DEVIL: You live with your mom; you'd disregard such a high-art hologram (IQ)?
ME: This is really something, even for a Spring-heeled Jack test, Devil.
DEVIL: Perhaps I've the axes-hands in my currency-state for cyber-trophy.
ME: Me thinks you'd wish me to adapt this 'test' into a fiction-tale of valor.
DEVIL: Sounds like a 'fantastic' bureaucracy-reading (for leviathan).
ME: Antiterrorism and invasion 'image' for a citizen's chat (for dialysis).
DEVIL: Good luck, Earth-prince (for leviathan).



When I woke from the dream-vision 'test' with the Devil, I decided to adapt my 'encounter' with this reincarnated (claim) Spring-heeled Jack (whom I'd not wagered was the Devil in disguise but surely warranted a 'special' street/life superstitions read for Earthling holograms), I decided to invent a special sports/traffic fantasy-story about a Thanksgiving-football fan whose treasure-card (like mine) drew the interest of a beautiful woman named Ezzy who became his wife and ended his loneliness and gave him holiday-season chicken-pie as a testament of his adoration of his lifelong 'love' of American diet. It won me the Pulitzer (and social media fanfare/likes for chicken-pie recipes). It was titled Thanksgiving for B+ (Random Publishers).



MOM: This is beautiful, sonny (Lions-Packers) in Echelon.
ME: Homeland-Jersey 'love' of the television, ma.
MOM: Surely, you might court a lady-friend (cheerleader?) for loneliness, sonny.
ME: You're the supreme-cheerleader, ma.
MOM: At least you have a Pulitzer, boy!
ME: I've become the "Devil's-Advocate" of Earthling-depression.



That's my story (really!). I decided my Thanksgiving-trophy card ('treasure') had cast me as a social media culture specialist in Earthling-consciousness, for Selfie-commentary about lifestyle 'drawn' consciousness for patriotism and detention. I continued to wonder, however, if I owed some special 'distance' to Spring-heeled Jack (himself), for 'Facebook' dialysis.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on January 1, 2024
Last Updated on January 1, 2024
Tags: Sports Media

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Tennis Dime Tennis Dime

A Story by Abishai100