Airplane-24

Airplane-24

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two affable pals make for a small-adventure on an Italian-flight from America, during which they may discover both magic and Hell (for readings).

"
A 'hip' New Year's 'fanfiction' of sorts of that iconic original laugh-house transit-culture comedy movie Airplane! (1980), starring the great Robert Hays (StarmanCat's Eye). Hope you like, 
----
====

AMLAN: Getting through this Italian-flight's no cake; my ex-wife's an attendant.
RAKI: Don't fear, friend; I'll be your spiritual advisor; she won't seduce you now.
AMLAN: I guess you're right, good-buddy (thanx).
RAKI: I guess there's no fear of terrorism from JFK.
AMLAN: Nah, he was a great (dead) President; besides, it's 23-years since 9/11.
RAKI: I hate the number-23; bad Facebook-jokes (damn).
AMLAN: I wonder what the in-flight movie is, worth a Facebook-post/IQ.
RAKI: Awesome (let's go).



Well, the atmospherics inside the airport in the year 2024 were just-fine for two post-grad buddies from Dartmouth, darting to Sicily to meet women and fall in love, but Amlan knew his ex-wife (Esmerelda) was a flight-attendant on this momentous journey, but all Amlan/Raki noticed inside the airport while waiting/boarding (with damn patience!) was the fun/colored passerby/travelers helping them ease their worries/woe(s) about post-9/11 Earth terrorism (or even Martian invasions). This was '24 photo-synthesis (for a cool bureaucracy-reading, surely).



ATTENDANT (Esmerelda): We've been informed there's a terror-threat (now!).
AMLAN: Geez, this is a bad environment to ignore your ex-wife, Raki.
RAKI: She'd like a nice French-kiss me thinks (now).
AMLAN: I'll do my part, good-buddy; you find the terrorist.
RAKI: Heroics for post-journey comics-arts (online), hopefully.
AMLAN: What if the terrorist's secretly a Martian?
RAKI: Anything's conceivable in this new millennium, Amlan my friend (wait).



Wow, Amlan/Raki were good-charms for the Italian-flight for Esmerelda, the flight-attendant, Amlan's ex-wife. While Amlan kissed Esmerelda to assure her of securities/bonds, Raki was busy sniffing out the terrorist on-board kept-secret by the 'wise' flight-crew (and pilot!). When he marked the stranger bearded-man, he asked him, "You look Martian, so are you?"

TERRORIST: You've got the human-Earth 'face' for social-media cross-traffic.
RAKI: You believe you're from Mars, eh?
TERRORIST: I've got something sweet (or sour) in this briefcase, no jokes.
RAKI: I understand, Mr. Martian; this'll make for a fine-bread on Facebook, ok?
TERRORIST: I want no 'troubles' for social-media; just psychiatric-care (ok?).
RAKI: Cool (bureaucracy-readings).



ESMERELDA: I didn't think you'd like (Indian) luchi-bread for thanksgiving.
AMLAN: We got out of that terror-nightmare at 20,000 feet, darling ex-wife!
ESMERELDA: Look if it's trauma for reunite, then let's be adult with this game.
AMLAN: I love you...and this Italian airport food-court (Indian) luchi (bread).
ESMERELDA: Good (thanx).



Well, Amlan/Raki made it out (ok) from that terror in the skies in the year 2024, just 23 years after September 11, and that 'stranger' terrorist, thinking/believing he was from Mars, told his psychiatrist he was 'convinced' to create Earth-paranoia by the Creeper, and his psychiatrist simply comforted the poor-soul.

PSYCHIATRIST: 9/11 produced smoky Hell, good man.
TERRORIST: They didn't believe in the voices in my brain(s), doc.
PSYCHIATRIST: All's you really need, poor-man, is movies!
TERRORIST: You know something (specific) about the Creeper?
PSYCHIATRIST: I think we'll 'adapt' something for 9/11 field goals.
TERRORIST: Damn.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on January 11, 2024
Last Updated on January 11, 2024
Tags: Movie Fanfiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing