The Night-Before

The Night-Before

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated claim of pronounced visions of other-worldly consciousness felt by a cliched American capitalist with a reading in decimals.

"
A superstitions yarn about inventions in the capitalist consciousness. 
----

====

I was spending a nice summer's eve at my retreat-house and thought about my $15M earnings on Wall-St. during the 2009 mini-crash when a fireworks event changed my consciousness for Selfie-commentary culture readings in incomplete-distances thoughts for metaphysics and paranoia. Follow along.



Everything was quite-nice, and I felt quite-normal, but then something happened. First, I wondered if my readings/education in fortune and capitalism had somehow naturally ingrained in me special senses for superstitions and hallucinations about elves and faeries and leprechauns and Martians all seeking some hand in a universe poker-game of chance and profit-ambitiousness, and I was drunk entertaining these circus-thoughts about random crossings in fortune-brains exchanges, but these thoughts then suddenly came to life in my retreat house while I was merely enjoying the night darkening skies by my pool and preparing a Selfie-post about my real estate.



The first 'specter' that came-to-life from my drunken meanderings was some kind of nymph angel beauty woman, a mystery lady with dark blue hair and searing gaze and a whispering romantic voice, which required in me some special 'reaction' for love or hate. I didn't know what to think but that she was some casino/contest muse for rewards-feelings for my great fortune, and I wanted to embrace her or cast her in some reflection art-storyboard on social media, perchance about anime-bureaucracy (damn).



The second 'specter' was a dragon. I thought it was a Martian or the Devil himself, come to contact me to make some 'examination' about my incomplete-lines to capitalism vanities or self-awareness (damn). I didn't know what to think, but by the time the dragon neared, my specter-muse lady-angel had somehow inexplicably vanished from-sight, and I wondered if this was some spirituality-test God was delivering unto me (wow). The dragon looked like a man-sized, or slightly-larger than man-sized, insect-reptile with menacing features, right out of American Homeland sci-fi horror media/art. If this was the Devil himself, did he seek to procure some morsel of humiliation, given my pronounced/cliched American-capitalist 'status' for a dodecahedrons class?



The dragon departed and I fainted. That evening, I had a rich dream-sleep vision in which I saw myself wandering through some carnival as a young-boy and enjoying some cotton-candy. When I woke, I decided to unwind my senses from that lucid vision-process in my night-before drunken 'status' with a hospitality-reading reflections world-exchanges symbolic (Indian) luchi-bread thanksgiving-diner plate and thought about why/how faeries or dragons caught in the human soul a stranger feeling of incomplete-distances readings to the lengths/hair of pronounced Earth-realm darkness. I felt like Job himself.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on May 7, 2024
Last Updated on May 7, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Windy PhD Windy PhD

A Story by Abishai100