Race of Arles

Race of Arles

A Story by Abishai100
"

Ex-intelligence greeters make for a French toast in merc-work for bloody-gems and wonder if their lady-employer reflects the dark 'bureaucracy' of mod-Earthling distances/IQ.

"
An ex-intelligence 'club' tale drawn from the mercenary-sensibility intrigue themes from the excellent mod-story/film Ronin (John Frankenheimer), which I think you'll like, 
----

====

AMLAN: Ms. Endymion's a cool-customer mystery-lady employer for Arles-IQ.
RAKI: As 'Ronin' (ex-intelligence displaces masterless-mercs), we're bound now.
AMLAN: That's the sad-tale, and my curiosity has you thinking I'm still over?
RAKI: I trust you, and as ex-intelligence from the East, I keep private parts.
AMLAN: As Western intelligence trained, you'd not doubt I'm not your Selfie!
RAKI: Who is she, and she's some Kingdom-diamonds investor for eco-IQ?
AMLAN: That's my guess...we're to make some road-chase with blood-gems.
RAKI: How'd blood-diamond prints leave African shores?
AMLAN: When Euro-investors (Arles?) sought Selfie-consumerism IQ for bread.
RAKI: Geez (Facebook-like).



Amlan and Raki knew something about blood-diamond motions and did some library-microfiche readings for 'examination' after getting to their French toast town (Arles) and learned of some nasty eco-capitalism 'business' potentially IQ-tied to their employer's Euro/Western 'agenda' for dodecahedrons. They remained silent/focused as 'Ronin' of Earth and thought of the road-chase ahead with Ion-company minions who'd never make the page of library-microfiche record (surely).



The road-chase was the real tale, through a darkly-lit Arles tunnel involving incomplete-lines reading of road-dangers, but Amlan was an excellent speeder, and he made Raki, his Ronin-ally, wonder if he'd some experience on the Autobahn for the CIA or something (ha). The chase ended with Ion-minion autos crashing off the cliffs of Arles (somewhere)...Facebook-like!



ENDYMION: Thanx for the heroics and the blood-gem case/deed, heroes.
AMLAN/RAKI: Are you working eco-Kingdom matter for Parliament, darling?
ENDYMION: My western briefcase is of no concern of yours, heroes.
AMLAN/RAKI: This is some Western banks magic for eco-capitalism, right?
ENDYMION: Ronin-work doesn't require media-light for focus on cinema, gents.
AMLAN/RAKI: Good thought (Facebook-like).



Amlan/Raki performed their work, and Amlan promised to retire from merc-work and find some mail-order-bride (Ukraine?), and Raki kept wondering if he found a 'buddy' who was still on the inside. Well, the pensive quality of mercenary-mind involves incomplete-readings for any beautiful landscape, even that of the town where Van Gogh lived/worked as a starving-artist.



RAKI: Take care, Ronin.
AMLAN: Thanx for the trust...and the speed-adventure.
RAKI: I was the gun-sniper and you the speed-racer, buddy (ha).
AMLAN: Endymion's vanished, Raki.
RAKI: So should we (Facebook-like).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on May 8, 2024
Last Updated on May 8, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Alien B+ Alien B+

A Story by Abishai100