The reason we fight

The reason we fight

A Story by Abominable Snowman
"

A parralel thought, between the speech of a general to his new recruit and a personal thought of a soldier on his own.

"

“We are standing here, not because of we have to be here...”

 

Those clear blue eyes were calling Jared in. Those innocence full of live gems make Jared realised how much he had yearned for this beauty. He got closer, his hand trailed along the blond wavy hairs, bring the porcelain face closer till he met those plump sweet lips giving Jared every reason to stay to move forward to this beauty in front of him.

 

“We are here because we all have something we love and care and wanting to protect”

 

I love you. How the words fit so perfectly in her lips as it whispered into his ear. It’s like the music against his ear. Jared felt butterfly flying in his stomach, happiness rushing all over him like a wave and he was more than welcome to be drowned it. Never before Jared felt the three words: “I love you” so strong, so important and so sacred. When he said it back to her to see her smiling face as joy gushing through her flushed cheek. Jared had never seen anything more beautiful. 

 

“I know you all scare, because so am I”

 

Every day with his treasure, is like another day in paradise, or even heaven. She was everything he could ask for. Her smiling face, her sweet voice or even her gentle touch Jared loved them all. Even if when she angry or make mistake, that she blushed and refused to look at Jared in the eyes, Jared still love her. Because she was and always would be the source of Jared’s life.

 

“I can’t sell this to you all because I know how ugly this is”

 

Jared held her closer to him. Whispering his sorry, his love, his promises trying calm the trembling body underneath him. Red, everywhere was red.  Even in those shining golden hair were now dyed with crimson. Her porcelain face, her beautiful porcelain face tainted with blood. Her gorgeous white gown had now turned into a bloody color of death. Her breath getting slower, the gaps between them were getting longer. Jared felt her heart beat are getting slower, fear rushing into Jared like a tsunami that even if he ran, it still swallowed him whole. His hand trembled as he removed a few strain of hair in front of her face. Was it his tears on her face or was it her? Jared couldn’t tell anymore. He looked at the woman he loved slowly leaving him couldn’t do anything more than keep whispering the empty wishes asking her to stay, to don’t leave him. Her hand reached up, difficultly touched his hand, she smiled at him. Even those she was colored in the colored of death, her smile was still the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. She choked out those three words again with all her strength, even in death she still loved him with all her soul. Those blue eyes that Jared was madly in love with were no more. They were now lifeless. Jared cried. He held her tighter; his temple touched her, tears stream down his face then to her cold face. He screamed her name, repeating his love for her over and over again like a mad person as if she was in a deep slumber. Jared refused to believe that she was gone.

 

“But I can promise you, as the days pass by it’ll all get a little easier”

 

The tomb stone stood cruelly in front of him, with her picture smiling like she was still alive, killed Jared a little whenever he saw it. It was his fault, he couldn’t protect his love, that bullet should have been his. He should have listened to everyone, he should have evacuated when they came and took her to safety. It’s wasn’t the enemy bullet that kill her, it was Jared’s ignorant and now he was paying the price. He touched her pictures gently, as if he was stroking her cheek, Jared had signed up for the army. They left the first thing in the morning. This was the last time he would be able to visit her. He brought her violet, her favourite flowers, the symbol of their eternity love. He might not make it or he might survive to come back and tell her that he had avenged her. He might die and be with her tomorrow or even next week, month, or year. Jared didn’t know. Jared didn’t care either because that day when they took her from him, two souls had died instead of one.

 

“God blessed America”

 

Jared saluted, he marched toward the van.  Inside the truck, he turned around at the direction where his love lied. He saw her in her white gown standing there smiling at him. He clutched the rings underneath his khaki jacket, the infinite circles that were going to tie them together. He looked into the distance, a bitter smile were seen on his face as he whispered to the wind:

 

“I’ll see you soon, Olivia”

© 2014 Abominable Snowman


Author's Note

Abominable Snowman
Ignore grammar problems, it's might be a little bit hard and confuse since there is abit of a switching here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on April 9, 2014
Last Updated on April 9, 2014
Tags: Soldier, War, Love, Death, Conflict

Author

Abominable Snowman
Abominable Snowman

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
Lanky, awkward Abominable Snowman, mad and crazy in different occasion, it's a seasonal thing. more..

Writing