Zoah

Zoah

A Story by I am Writting
"

Will decide later.

"

Chapter one, Naya.

You are a warrior, a conductor of the truth, I, I am confined to this magical monarchy; with no way to change it. You see, I was brought up in a very conflicted dynasty of everything wonderful and magical. You may think that any individual who is free in a world like this is highly privileged, you’re right, I am just not ‘free’.


My world, is no ordinary one, well we have all the basics; a television, radio, phones, cars, buses, trains. But, we also have different things, things that set us apart. The main one is Magic.


Time for a well-earned introduction, since if you have listened to my boring explanations so far, without stopping reading this all together; you have earned my respect. I am Princess Naya, from the Zoah Dynasty.

You may well be speculating about my earlier comment of my ‘conflicted dynasty’. This beautiful, ancient dynasty is conflicted because our people are going missing, and we are yet to discover the source.


I remember, one day I was sat, legs crossed, wondering why I am not gifted, something I usually ponder. I noticed my uncle Rio, who was stood on the very edge of the rocks with separated the Hiakah dynasty with ours. The sun got blindingly bright, so I turned away to pick up my book to shield my eyes. When I looked back, Rio was gone.


I loved uncle Rio, he was extremely wise- I could ask him anything and everything and he always had an answer, whether it was ‘What is the exact number of people in the world right now?’ all the way down to ‘What is Aunt Ayauna cooking for dinner?’ I guess he could answer me because it was his gift, he had the gift of knowledge.


In our world, there are individuals who are gifted, talented, they have powers. It is quite rare to have a gift anymore, because the magic has been dying out. Rio is the only one is our family with a gift, apart from my Grandfather, King Gaius. However, I think to imagine that soon I will be granted with a gift, and I am in hope it will be something amazing and extraordinary. My mother told me that I had no chance of getting a gift because it was only known to happen to those who had a parent with one. I say, Nah.


‘’NAAAAAYA’’ screamed my brother, Nian. ‘’NAYAAA, NOW, GET HERE QUICK, QUICK, QUICK!’’ I abruptly ran down our never-ending spiral staircase, wrapped in a towel, dripping water from my wet, white hair, all over the carpet. ‘’What is it now Nian?’’ I entered my living room as I tied up my hair into a bun, just to find my nine year old brother stood on the sofa flapping his twig like arms up and own. ‘’What are you doing?’’  

‘’I HAVE A GIFT’’                                                                  

‘’No… you’re n-‘’                                      

‘’I DO, NAYA, I DO, REALLY REALLY!’’                              

‘’Nian, you are not twelve yet, you have to be between the ages of twelve and eighteen, we’ve been over this’’  

‘’Koltasch wasn’t between twelve and eighteen’’ he crossed his arms, stomped his left foot onto the concrete ground and pouted, glaring at me with his emerald green eyes.                                                                       ‘’That’s because he was not given the gift, he took it’’.                   

‘’I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAVE A GIFT NAYA’’                                    

‘’Ok, show me’’. I raised my eyebrow and thought for just a second that what if Nian does have a power? It means I have no chance, I would be so envious.

Nian then proceeded to catapult himself off of the sofa and fall to the ground, I saw no gift there. ‘’Did you really think you got fly?’’             

‘’That was only a practice’’ he frowned. I quickly pounced over to him to help him up when we heard a tired voice.

‘’What is all of this noise?’’ It was my sister Neya, although it seems only a letter separated us, we couldn’t be more different. Neya is a beautiful, red haired, blue eyed, fair skinned eighteen year old. She is full of talents, not gifts, like a power, more skills. And I, I am a pale skinned, white haired, green eyed, fifteen year old.

‘’I CAN FLY NEYA!’’                            

‘’He can’t.’’                                        

‘’Sure he can’’ Neya claimed. She continued to take Nian by the hips and lifted him up above her head. As spread out his arms and made aeroplane noises, Neya swirled him around him room.

I wish I could be a little more like Neya, people would like me a lot more then.

 



Chapter two, the heir to the Thrown.


Seven years ago, the King and Queen of Zoah had a choice. This choice was to choose which of their children would be next in line to the Thrown. Normally, it was tradition for the oldest to be next in line, but their children were triplets, and minuets between them hardly differentiated their age.


Their son Damian, was the first to be married, therefore the King and Queen decided to choose him, so the kingdom would have a Queen as well. Their younger son Rio accepted this, as he was already lucky enough to have a gift. Their other son Koltasch, was in a relationship, but was not yet married at the time, this news did not sit well with him, and he began to threaten the King. Furthermore, Koltasch was banished from Zoah forever.


After a few years, jealous Koltasch concocted a plan to take over Zoah. His plan was to steal the magic in Zoah which lied in the king’s crown. On a whispering, ice cold night, Koltasch intruded the castle and stole the crown but as he rushed out he dropped the crown, allowing one of the precious stones to fall out.


The next morning, the King and Queen were devastated to find the Magic was gone, but then they found the one remaining stone. They ordered to have a new crown made with this one stone, to help maintain their kingdom’s magic.


Unfortunately, since then the magic has been dying out, less gifted people are being created and those who are gifted are being lost. Gaius is yet to be seen again, though in our hearts we know he will be back, with more ideas and attempts to take over.


I remember him, he was dark and tall and always very mysterious. Though, of what I can remember of his personality, he was never mean nor rude. He was always very quiet and boring, but used to bring us gifts after his travels.


As for his partner Ayauna, she was and still is very pleasant and sweet; she lives with us at home, with her children Keeyan and Dayna.


Chapter three.

It was such a boring morning, all I did was work, I had maths and history classes then I had breakfast. I sometimes think ‘Why?’ Nothing in particular, just why. I am fairly philosophical I guess.

As I came downstairs my mother said, ‘’you look so so different today Naya''                                                                        

‘’How so?’’ I scrunched up my nose as I looked at my gorgeous mother. She had light hair like me, but her hair was blonde, and mine was a white as freshly fallen snow.              

‘’Your hair is up, I can see you beautiful face’’. I blushed a little and smiled,               

‘’Pft, Mum, it’s just more practical’’    

‘’Practical for attracting a boyfriend?’’      

‘’No mum, homework, practical for homework.’’                         

‘’How much do you have left to do dear?                            

‘’Homework? Uhm I’m done’’               

‘’Good. You are going to pick flowers for your fathers birthday dinner tonight''                                               ‘’Okay.’’


I then, reluctantly took a step into my sister’s room with one hand behind my back, fingers crossed.

‘’Who is it?’’ She said, without even turning her head. 

‘’Urr… It’s Na-‘’                          

‘’Naya! I recognise your voice you know.’’   

‘’Oh, well I was wondering, whether you would… Uhm…’’                                    ‘’Yeah….?’’        

‘’Come with me to pick flowers for father’s birthday dinner today’’ I said it so quick I was almost certain she would not understand me. I just, really wanted her to come, I like spending time with her, since I really want her to like me.                                         

‘’Sorry Naya, I would, but I can’t today, I have so much work to do and I just can’t’’. I didn't want it to, but a look a disappointment flooded my face that instant. I tried to hide it by turning to exit. ‘’Oh it is okay, I’m fine going alone away’’                               

‘’Sorry, Naya’’.

To be quite honest, I was used to Neya not wanting to hang out with me, I have never figured out why, but because I’m used to it, it does not upset me as much anymore. I would normally ask Nian, but he can annoy me sometimes, and as I am going near to the sea to get these flowers, I don’t want him jumping in claiming to have fish powers. Although, fish powers would be pretty extraordinary.


Just before I left, I wanted to make sure I didn’t get hungry, so I went to the kitchen to make a pack lunch. Father was watching television in the living room and Mother had gone off to teach her enchantment classes.

I raced down the stairs, and grabbed a basket, I didn’t mind going out, because I think nature it completely beautiful.

© 2014 I am Writting


Author's Note

I am Writting
Opinions please. I intended for the second chapter to be a story within a story, hence why it is an outline. Ignore spelling mistakes and forgive the exoctic names.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on April 5, 2014
Last Updated on April 5, 2014
Tags: fantasy, magic, supernatural, family, romance, teen

Author

I am Writting
I am Writting

tipperary, Southern, Ireland



About
I want to something worth while. I would like to write. more..

Writing