Why It Is Important To Change Your Air Filter?

Why It Is Important To Change Your Air Filter?

A Story by AbsoluteControl
"

Keep your HVAC system running smoothly by changing your air filters regularly. Read on to learn how changes can extend the lifespan of your heating & AC unit and avoid having to spend dollars on costl

"

Keeping your Heating & AC equipment in proper working condition is important for both minimal utility bills and optimum comfort levels throughout the year. Uncluttered air filter plays a vital role in a forced HVAC system. By following the simple steps in keeping your equipment optimized can neglect the problems that you may face with your filter every year. Regular inspection and change can help improve the air quality of your home and protect your equipment from damage, too.






When You Should Change Air Filters?


Mostly changes depend upon the extent of your HVAC system. Heavy usage need to be changed the air filter every month or if you use it slows, you may require to change a single filter over a longer period of time. Most of the air filters indicate that they are great for up to three-four months' time. But, visual inspection from expert should be made each month to confirm that your system isn't excessively dirty. If the filter is blocked with debris, a change is required.


Why Clean Filter Is Important?


Everyone may think that their air filter is in place to keep their attic's air supply clean and uncluttered. But, the primary function of the heating & AC unit is to protect the components from inside. Debris and dirt can build on heat exchangers or coils which can lead to additional work for your HVAC unit, minimize its life and raise the risk of a system malfunction. That's why heating & AC repair and maintenance task is important for ensuring that your premises comfort levels are optimized and that your utility bills are minimized.


How To Select An Air Filter?


First and foremost thing you should consider that is your existing unit should display its dimensions. It should provide you with the information you may want to buy a replacement. If you are not able to find this data or do not have a filter in place, you can take measurements of the empty space to get the proper air filter size. These filters are rated on the MERV scale that give you an indication of how efficiently they are eliminating certain waste material from the air stream. MERV ratings from five to 12 are suitable for home heating & AC equipment or ratings from eight to 12 are perfect for more modifier filtration such as mold spores, pollen, and other irritants.


Additional HVAC Equipment Maintenance


Apart from changing, schedule a pre-season inspection of your HVAC system prior to winter and summer months, is the wisest option any homeowner takes. So, tune-up with professional technician that can help to check the leaks and breaks, and clean critical parts that may often inaccessible without special training and tools.


We, at Absolute Energy Control, provide high quality of heating and air conditioning repair, maintenance and installation services in Hamilton & the surrounding areas. Call us today, our qualified professionals will schedule an appointment at your convenience.

© 2017 AbsoluteControl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on March 26, 2015
Last Updated on January 25, 2017
Tags: HVAC Repairs Mississauga, ac repair Mississauga, HVAC Repairs Markham, HVAC Repairs Oakville

Author

AbsoluteControl
AbsoluteControl

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada



About
Absolute Energy Control Inc. is a heating, furnace, cooling & HVAC installation, repair & sales company serving Toronto, Mississauga, Markham, Oakville, Vaughan & Hamilton. At, Absolute Energy Contro.. more..

Writing