haunted

haunted

A Story by Out of this world💫

Dizziness overwhelmed my mind as I stood and stared at the tall, decrepit house. Shadows rapidly crossed the filthy windows; eerie silence filling the cold, damp air. B ones were trembling in my skin as goose bumps grew. My grave was calling, knowing that tonight was getting the better than me. Darkness lingered over the garden, dead plants piled up. Bins lay down with rubbish surrounding them. A strange feeling overcame me…

 

Reaching for the door knob, a hanging head scared me stiff. A silent scream escaped my mouth; so quiet the creaky door was louder as it slowly opened. Entering, a boom gave me a sign that the door was shut. A fierce, sharp gust of cold air slightly pained my skin as I walked down the penetrating hall. Pictures hung from the walls, almost like wallpaper as none of the walls could be seen.  Blank, empty faces were all I could see on these pictures. No features, just a circle like face. Always a shadow behind them. the pictures almost looked like school pictures, of different people. I couldn’t tell. Flashback.

 

“People say, who ever goes in there never comes out. All the victims get something stole:

  1. A picture.

  2. Something personal.

  3. A mirror.”

     

    Could it actually be true? Am I in the house of some sick person who collects belongings of people? …who collects people?

     

    I wanted to run. Run far away, as far as my legs could carry me. That’s the thing though; my legs cant carry me, I was stuck. Frozen in fear. The displeasing, icy breeze carried me to a window. Observingly, I saw nothing like my neighbourhood. A tall dark man stood there, watching me. He looked casually dressed but no face. Something told me this wasn’t the last time I was going to see him.

     

    Inquisitively  made my way down some stairs, leading to a cellar. A musty smell made me think that this has hasn’t been touched for years… though, what about the figure? The dark, nerving figure who seemed to know me. Who stared and as I felt, smiled at me, with no smile. Nor mouth, or eyes.

     

    568

    Maze like, the cellar was split into many rooms. Curious, wanting to know every single thing about this house; even if it meant death. However I was certain I would be the first survivor.

     

    Obscure, the first room was; full of teddies, dolls and other toys. Creepy was the first word on my mind. Minutes past just me, the toys and darkness.  Studying every single object, my mind suddenly lost control. The dolls were moving, heads spinning. Teddies rolled towards my feet with red, malevolent eyes. Toy trucks and cars drove circles around my feet.  Any normal person would have fainted, not me. Indomitable to find out about this cryptic, chilling cellar my feet couldn’t move any faster!

     

    Necklaces, bracelets and earrings in the next, scrapbooks and diaries in another. It was a network of collections. It was all coming true, it was all making sense. Still determined to carry on my pursuit of interest, the ‘inviting’ pathway of doom looked tempting. So, making my way down such a ‘dooming’ path, a small door caught my eye…

     

    Mirrors, mirrors everywhere; predictable to be honest although distress had took over my mind. Peering over each one, each identical mirror noticing every gash in the paintwork or every scratch on the fragile glass. Bewildered by the amount of reflections there were of my self, not noticing the lingering shadow in the crook of the peculiar room. In the corner of my eye, I spotted her.

     

    Button like eyes, beady even, as black as the night; Her hair blood red, dripping wet with an unusual liquid… her head looked unattached from her body. Every fear I had, every alarmed thought disappeared. Was she feeding off them? It happened. As I correctly stated her head was not devoted as it rotated rapidly around sending me dizzy. The thought swiftly crossed my mind, gripping her head a draft of relief filled every bone in my body! Defeat was pure, the monster does not live with no head. Grasping her head tightly I ran toward the once small door that now seemed gigantic. The rooms did not frighten me no more as I was overawed with the demise of the brute.  Darting through the soft teddy bears and adorable little dolls, laughing at my self for ever feeling anything like terror in this childish room. The stairs shown with light, feeling  liberated as this ‘scary’ house was no match against me.

     

     

     

     

    However as I made my way past the hall, the wall of photos; the wall of the bare faces… my breath felt as if it had ran off from me. It was to hard, to complicated. Her face was perfect, beautiful golden hair with dazzling blue eyes.  A complexion so flawless she shone like an angel.  Picture-perfect. Fury filled me, rage made my face burn like fire. This house took my sister. My young, innocent sister who was bullied into entering this house. My sister, my best friend, my other half. I was not leaving without a fight!

     

    “Show your self beast! I know your disturbed little girl was only a front. Come, you tall, dark character. Take me! FIGHT ME!”

    Not a single object moved, not a shadow.

    “I said SHOW YOURSELF! Come, now! FIGHT-…”

    There it was, the creature I had signalled. Standing in front of me, the creature which took my sister!

    “I’ve been waiting for you, everyday I watch you walk past with not an ounce of fear in your body, it irritated me. Yet your unknowing sister, trembled with the thought of this house. You see, fear is my food. Its what I live for, it restores me in every way.”

    Yelping, “Where is my sister you beast!”

    “She was too much to waste, too precious although she is weak now. You and her put together would refurbish me in age, looks and every quality about me. you may not know me in this form but how about NOW!”

    His voice bellowed through the empty house, his face was too painful to look at though I could not resist. My father, my role-model was stood in front of me. My sister cowardly crouching in the corner, I dashed towards her throwing the decrepit head in his direction grabbing my helpless sister.

    “I didn’t mean to leave you, it was the only way. I need you or ill die. I’m weak, please save me my dear child.”

    No respect was in my body to give to this horrible thing, he was no family to me… he was nothing to me! I carried my sister, bursting through the door to see a crowd of people outside the garden.

     

     Why? I do not know but to this day that harmless house still stands petrifying every poor soul that crosses… not me.

© 2014 Out of this world💫


Author's Note

Out of this world💫
ignore grammar, this is a piece of writing I had to do for English.
comments appreciated..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on May 16, 2014
Last Updated on May 16, 2014
Tags: #haunted #scary #story #shortsto

Author

Out of this world💫
Out of this world💫

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I don't know what who I want to be. I don't know where I want to go. I don't know how I'm going to get anywhere. All I know I'm trapped in the gaps between the lines📖 more..

Writing