Where's the off switch?

Where's the off switch?

A Poem by Kels
"

Just some late night thoughts that turned into this...

"
Where's the off switch?

I think everyone should have the option of turning off their brain for a while. I guess that’s what sleep is for but even when your sleeping your mind isn't really shut off, it’s on standby. 

You can still have thoughts in your dreams, unless that's just some weird thing that happens to me but i doubt it.

The point is, there is no way to stop unwanted thoughts from inching their way into my head after the time on the clock says 11 pm.

I envy the people who are sound asleep while the rest of us sit up at night and talk ourselves into falling sleep. The argument can last anywhere from an hour to several. 

Remember that thing you do last year in front of that one person?

How about that time you were arguing with that one person and you didn’t say what you wanted to. Well good news is you can replay the whole thing in your head until you get it right, but it still won’t help you. 

Remember that girl that made your life a living hell in 5th grade? I wonder what ever happened to her. 

All those memories you had with that person. Years and years of good along with some bad but no matter what memory you think about, whether it’s good or bad, is going to the same have the same echo.

The emotions will go on and on but the feeling you get is hollow.

And you realize, it’s better to have memories of the past than to realize there will no longer be any new ones to look back on in the future. 

My switch is always on. There should be a giant open sign with an arrow pointing to my head, open 24/ 7 365 days a year.

If I can’t get a an off switch, can someone find the reset button?

© 2014 Kels


Author's Note

Kels
ignore any grammar or spelling issues i wrote this late last night

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow ... I`m feeling good to read this piece, seeing the perfections of your thoughts. Millions of times, i`ve felt the same feelings of loneliness but with the time, everything becomes clear so, yeah .. I do believe, your right that we all have to take a short rest from writing because it`s a way to explore some more skills learning about this magnificent life in deep. Beautiful poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 22, 2014
Last Updated on June 22, 2014
Tags: late, night, thoughts, random, feelings, personal, writing, friends, family, mind

Author

Kels
Kels

Reading, PA



About
Hi! I'm Kels and I love to write but sometimes I feel like I don't have the time. I hope that I can find inspiration to write again and will be comfortable with sharing it. more..