Life

Life

A Story by adeiab
"

A vivid dream that seems to capture the life of a child's end and a young man's beginning.

"
You are traveling to some place new...walking towards the nearby hotel - It's a beautiful day with the sun's shining rays forming spotlights on the green grass and colorful wildlife. You encounter a house in an open field before reaching the hotel. You continue walking past the house exploring the wilderness around you, following trails leading you up and down mountains and through woods until you reach a unique looking tree resting on top of a cliff. There is a girl there. Her appearance is not what stands out, but something about her is alluring (maybe her eyes or the happiness/kindness that seems to emit from within her.) She appears to be about the same age as you (20 something). You begin talking with her and discover that the house you saw previously is hers. She invites you over and the two of you talk for hours. You seem to connect very well and as time goes by you don't even think to ask for each others names. You grow tired after the hiking and intense conversation. She invites you to stay the night in her guest room. You fall asleep and wake up. You help out with some chores around the house to give some form of payment to this amazing person before setting out on another journey this time to the hotel. You have plans of coming back to the house, but do not say bye. You reach the hotel which appears to be a winding cylindrical path leading downwards. The path is fenced off. You look around and see huts/basketball courts with people of all different ethnicities populating them. What is this place you wonder? You continue to walk and encounter some people on the path (already settled into the hotel it seems) playing rugby or some sort of tackling game with a ball. You join in for a minute and help defend the ball carrier before continuing down the path. That was fun. You wind down farther until reaching a bar. Some people look very familiar here and are nice at first glance, but things begin to turn sour quick. The bar is not very busy and you have placed an order for cup of water (sports and walking have you parched) three times without receiving anything. You're angry and yell at the bar tender. When he places you're water down someone swoops in and drinks it. You yell at the person and again at the bar tender! You finally get a hold of you're water, but the pissed off bar tender threw a bunch of exceptionally small straws in the cup as well that, for some reason, are incredibly difficult to pick out. Fed up with this ridiculous service you throw the cup of water (and straws) at the bar tender. You proceed angrily down the path until you reach the final room. It looks like a basement, but organized in stations with random items (video games, stuffed animals, bikes, ...). What is this place? Things have gotten so weird so fast. You think you're dreaming and try to focus on small details, like the light switch, to see if they look strange. Things seem a little off, but you can't wake up. So this can't be a dream right? You circle around the room several times at each station until running into the girl you met at the beginning of your journey. You ask the girl what this means, are these your things? She responds, "yes." Suddenly you are back in her house, sitting pretzel style on the floor glaring at an old TV set above. The images on the TV seem familiar. You look over at the girl and she looks much younger now, maybe 10. What are we watching you ask? The girl responds, "it's a game." I've never seen a game like this before, you say. Suddenly your vision goes blue and all that is around you fades, including the girl. You open your eyes and wonder...was this a test (of emotions)? Maybe this was a view into your life (key stages) from when you were a child up until this point. The path was reversed, but it makes sense. 1) Toys and games when you were young were your focus.
2) Then came the college life going to the bars and trying to fit in with the crowd.
3) A few years into college and sports and exercise became and big part of your life.
4) Now a new career is about to start and girl (you can share your life with) is on your mind.

The journey is just beginning

© 2015 adeiab


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on July 13, 2015
Last Updated on July 13, 2015
Tags: Life, Dream, Story, Beginning, End, Path

Author