Checkmate

Checkmate

A Story by Aditya Khokhar
"

A game of chess and a Saturday Night

"

© 2015 Aditya Khokhar


Author's Note

Aditya Khokhar
Checkmate

“Knock Knock”, two slight taps on the door of Alan’s small apartment broke his attention and he with a sigh of iritation looked away from his phone.

“Who exactly can it be at this hour”, he murmered thinking it was a late Saturday night and no one except a loner like him would think of disturbing someone rather than being out in in a pub. It was a late Saturday night and people tend to forget the reality, all they see is a blurred world with people dancing and clicking pictures, all that façade through the bottom of a glass right in your face when you take that shot.

He drew away his covers and slipped into his green flipflops before dawdling towards the door making that squish sound on the floor; clearly showing his discomfort in this little maneouver.

Alan lived alone in his apartment, comfortably in his one bedroom that was always shabby, a kitchen that always smelled of last night’s half eaten chicken sandwich and a door which was rarely knocked at until today. His washroom always had some blobs on the sides of the toilet seat, he always jerks so hard that some of the shootings misses the target. The whirlphool of flush can’t eat away something that’s on shore and the blob always remained there, capturing in itself the nudity from which it oozed out. It was gross.

A cluthcing sound of metal was followed by a boy in early twenties wearing a plain green round necked tee-shirt and a pair of checked boxers.

Alan gave a quick look at the visitor and she looked pretty in her black sleeveless top paired up with light blue night pyjamas down to her pink toenails pointing right at him in this late Saturday night. What were they pointing at, these beautiful pair of petite feet with pointed nails wearing a perfect pedicure; Alan had a thing for women feet, he looked away instantly.

“Something happened and I don’t know why but power broke down and now there’s no electricity at our place.” , the girl said with little raised eyebrows and slightly swollen cheeks.

“Who are you, I’m sorry”.

“Oh, I’m Kathy, I live across” she pointed at the door which lay opened giving the view to a darkened house on the other side of the corridor.

Alan could see the balcony of her house thorugh the door. He could see some plants there, their leaves susurating in the breeze. The night was silent for their apartments were on the far end of the city, far from the distorted reality through the glass. Some clothes were hanging too in the balcony, fluttering in the air, helplessly as if like a fish floundering in water.

“Ohh… Well, that’s sad”, Alan looker at her, her hairs neatly sitting on her shoulders until a light puff of air came and disturbed the harmony of her layers.

“So, I was thinking if I could charge my phone over your place, it won’t take long.” , she said adjusting her hairs.

“Yeah, but my place’s a bit… I mean not in a very good shape.” Alan quicly stole a look at her hands, so soft and tender; one holding her phone and charger and the other between her layered hairs, moving softly across the strands until they rested on her shoulder. No nailpaint just plain nails that were naturally pink at the end of those slim long fingers.

Kathy was smart, she worked as a recruiter and knew exactly what people were looking at when she met them. It was a part of her job to know what was going on in other people’s minds, it was a game she liked to play and she was good at it.

She went inside and a weird smell hit her, it was bad but she managed to get hold of herself. Alan closed the door behind her and guided her towards his room which told Kathy ne needs a girl for sure. He liked to keep things scattered, scattered things resulted in structured thinking he believed. Only thing that should be in shape is your mind and your code.

As Kathy plugged in the charger that was near to the bed she sat on one corner of the bed and Alan drawing up the covers and continuing with his game of chess on his phone. Kathy was looking around sitting in her cross-legged position and her feet dangling from her flipflop.

“It’s a nice apartment”, she broke the ice.

“Ohh..” Alan responed in the most minimalistic way he could, he was loosing the game he could see it. He didn’t like to loose, not at writing codes and playing Chess.

“You could’ve moved your rook four boxes straight”

Alan noticed a faint girly scent hitting his nostrils and he looked over his shoulder to find Kathy looking thoughfully at his iPhone.

“I play Chess, at times.”

Alan qucikly though about the move she mentioned and turned out somehwat surprsingly that it was indeed a nice move. He felt stupid.

“Do you have chessboard, we can play till my phone gets charged up”

He occasionaly goes out to clubs for a game or two with people he meets online. He had an old wooden Chessboard, a really old one he rarely opened in his apartment.

“Here, set it up”

Kathy started putting up the pieces at their respective positions, the board looked so beautiful with all the pieces standing still. It was a silent night even for the Chess pieces, so shriekingly silent, so eerily mystic.
“Well, let the game begin.”

They both made up the space on Alan’s bed and Kathy threw her slippers on the floor and put her feet right at the place where Alan lips touched his sheets when he slept. He thought he would loose this game, not by brain but by distractions. She wiggled her pink toes, stretched her and curled before settling down.

Alan made the first move, as usual with his right knight. Kathy was looking at the board and he could sense her thinking, her mind running, he could feel that she was smart.

She looked hot there on his bed, sitting comfortably with her hairs slightly over her face neatly touching her lips before they hang freely in air. She was bending down a little to have a better look at the board, her hands on her knees.

Her cleavage was clear but then what caught Alan’s attention was not the pawn that she moved eventually but the fact that she wore no bra. Her boobs were hanging and pressed tightly again her loose top.

“Yes, I usually don’t wear bra at night” she said and smiled at Alan.

“Oh.. No.. No… That wasn’t…”

“Let’s make this interesting, let’s play a real game.”

“Look, I don’t know. Maybe you should go and I’ll just give your phone at your doorstep once it’s charged up.”

But Kathy was looking at him as though she hasn’t listened to what he said. She continued in a rather seductive voice, “Whosoever looses a piece will have to remove one of his clothes”.

Alan was struck, this was something he never imagined that can come up in a game of Chess.

“But…” he tried to speak but was cut in between by Kathy,

“Since we are wearing only two pieces each and this game is bound to have more moves than four I suggest let’s forget this” and she pulled up her legs staright and putting one on Alan’s chest and using another to scatter the pieces on the board.

Alan tried hard to put her feet away but he was late as Kathy was already rubbing her foot on his shaft. Carefully setting up her arches on his thing and rubbing her toes over it’s top, the checks on the boxers were starting to get a little wet. She rolled the other leg round his neck and pushed him towards her. Alan lost his balance and ended up with his face between her legs.

Kathy let out a light laugh, “Well, you have the fruit now, eat it”

Alan couldn’t believe at what was happening, but then after so long this could be his chance to finally have it. He reached down his pocket in his boxer and in another second…

Kathy couldn’t even feel the pain, the knife slit her throat so swiftly and it was only a second after that the cut opened apart to give away the way to the gushing blood.

Alan could feel her warm blood spilling down through his hands, making its way down her sliced neck through the passageway between her breasts down to her pyjamas and dripping steadily on the Chessboard.

The knight which was played up by Alan stood silently watching as the blood entered the battle ground. Every black and white box was now red, the moving blood now falling off the sides of the board. The drippings slowly covered the fallen black king on the side of the chessboard, the fallen king drenched and with drops falling off the reddened cross.

Kathy’s phone beeped, it was now charged up.


***



My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on October 9, 2015
Last Updated on October 9, 2015

Author

Aditya Khokhar
Aditya Khokhar

New Delhi, Agnostic, India