Tenets: Dirty

Tenets: Dirty

A Story by Aerabith
"

A high class citizen goes on about their distaste for the poor, the inner workings of their insanity and delusion.

"

I was caked in grime, though my skin was flawless. I was, in fact, a shining example of exquisite in both dress and groom. I wore a suit every day; any professional businessperson must after all. Nobody would dare trust an unkempt man in casual dress with their money after all, someone who can’t even take care of themselves mustn’t be able to take care of someone else after all; not like I at least.  No, I take care of my patients very well in fact. Not a soul left behind every chance I get.


            You see I am a well-mannered person, one of high class and conduct, work full time, a family of four. I pay my bills on time, go to work on time, and all around live an upstanding life. Whatever void having no friends outside of business creates my spouse fills. We have a strong relationship going on for just over 12 years and showing no signs of slowing down. My children are all intelligent, growing up to be shapely men and women of society, the first of the two an athlete the second and youngest a scholar. Both have a strong relationship with their parents and live without a single regret. And I work, I work often.


            A common and understandable question I often get is, “what is your job,” and I tell them on my work days I am a Chief Executive Officer of a small but profitable company “Ovi,” and on my off days I am a janitor. I leave it at janitor, for others can’t understand my line of work, many consider it unethical.


            The poor are parasites and the homeless are a plague, they need to be reduced somehow, and they won’t naturally go away or disappear. Nobody will take them, and nobody should, they’re a burden to us all and regardless of everyone’s distaste I still keep cleaning. People claim, nobody deserves to die; these same people curse me to death. For whatever reasons the common folk voice strong objection to the ever decreasing number of the virus that ills our nation, yet things still go on, the world doesn’t fall apart, everyone works as they should. They only speak of rescue yet nobody really wants the poor around, yet they feel morally obligated to hold to it by religion and philosophy. My work continues however, slowly I will clear the misfortune around here, and then who knows, maybe I’ll move, and continue nationwide.


            But something is off; never had I felt such qualms against it. Maybe it’s just how long I have been doing it; maybe it is wearing on my mind. Constant killing and berating as often as I kill, finally it is getting to me. The killing hasn’t been taking a hit but with every new body I drop I feel a bit of empathy. I choke it down however, it’s irrelevant; I have a goal to fulfill and no one else is willing to take up the task. And until then I am the one that cleans the streets and help the world to a more flawless state of existence. It is the right thing to do, it is the only thing to do, I am dedicated, and I am efficient.


Epilogue:

            Since the purchase of the second garage by the Ovi executive many complaints have been made to George about a foul smell coming from the garage. It is only occasional; however it comes up enough for George to intervene. When calling down the executive they claimed that their garage was used for the sole purpose of storing trash, as they didn’t pay for waste management, they needed to put it somewhere before hauling it off to a landfill. However on two reported occasions the executive’s home had received waste management. The police were called in to investigate, however the investigation went nowhere as “an unpleasant smell coming from a Garage is a little less than evidence beyond a reasonable doubt,” as stated by Officer Dudley. Since then the executive has been threatened with eviction if they kept up their habits or didn’t cover up the smell; and if pests started to become attracted to Tallahassee, they would be an immediate suspect on grounds for eviction. Since then the smell has died down and in direct proportion to the complaints. Neither before nor after the incident has the executive been a problem; as a result were the events quickly forgotten and not brought up again until the full eviction of all four residents.

© 2016 Aerabith


Author's Note

Aerabith
Go crazy, mention anything you want. I love feedback negative or positive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on April 3, 2016
Last Updated on April 3, 2016
Tags: Tenets, Dirty, High Class, Insanity, Murder, classism, Deception

Author

Aerabith
Aerabith

Eastpointe, MI



About
I am a college student that mostly programs video games when he can but occasionally writes in his free time. I have a YouTube channel which I post programming projects as well. I will use this as my .. more..

Writing