MODERN DAY CHRISTIANITY

MODERN DAY CHRISTIANITY

A Story by AfroCarib Lifestyle's & Achiever's
"

I never thought I was going to share this but it’s necessary to share. The churches is meant to be a place where you go to strengthen “Your Faith in the Lord” Where believers come together and share

"

         AFRO CARIB LIFESTYLES & ACHIEVERS

MODERN DAY CHRISTIANITY

Hello Readers,


I never thought I was going to share this but it’s necessary to share.  The churches  is meant to be a place where you go to strengthen “Your Faith in the Lord” Where believers come together and share, receive, learn, and declare the good news of “Jesus Christ” but nowadays it is better to sit at home.

Here in Ireland I have a friend that has a “Hall for Parties & Event” use for social gathering, according to him some churches preaches against people using the place or attending social night because they believe he is using to destroy homes, accommodating sinful practice between men and women. Now nearly all the churches themselves are using their church premises for Parties {Renting}.  I have some friends that according to them left their churches because they were accused, disgrace, and since as sinners which we are all one and as being forgiven for declaring and accepting by our Lord Jesus.

My lovely critical friend Ade Oke shared a news that jerried me up about our modern day Christianity; 

The recent naming of Living Faith Church a.k.a Winners Chapel as one of the beneficiaries of the N150 million over which Colonel Robert Ahangba was convicted by an Army Court Martial for allegedly defrauding the government of Bayelsa State should call to question the philosophies of modern day Christianity. It was revealed during the Court Martial proceedings that Colonel Ahangba had donated N11 million to the church in two installments of N9 million and N2 million. 

In most Pentecostal churches today, the likes of Colonel Ahangba are the ones who are given the pride of place and occupy exalted positions in the church. It is criminals like Colonel Ahangba who are lauded by the pastors who care less about how these people make their money. It is pathetic to know that these pastors verbally harass ordinary and genuine members who do not have money to donate to support building projects, television ministries etc. 

He was once in a church where the Pastor specially prayed for those who pledged to support his TV Ministry with a monthly donation and diced European congregation for being tight-fisted, not giving enough. The Pastor in question informed us that in his church in Nigeria, a member of his congregation pays a monthly tithe of £4,500 (over 1.1m Naira). For someone to pay a monthly tithe of 1.1 Million Naira, how much does the person earns in a month? Was the information even necessary? Why has money suddenly become epicenter to the gospel of Jesus Christ?

He remains unapologetic in saying that modern Christianity has made a huge mockery of Christianity and its ethos. Modern day Christianity is making many people to become extremely cynical.

Here what people are saying; I keep saying it... This culture of “Monetary Christianity” will cause lots of pastors to trade their soul.  Some will sell their mothers, & even ban Christ from church, for being too "unholy" by fraternizing with "unbelievers, tax collectors, poor people, fornicators & adulterers". With some of these people, Only God will help Jesus to be accepted into their midst. Surely, they need to be born again & accept Christ into their lives as Lord. But, who will tell them this, as they may not believe or receive the message.  I say let us all start telling them by us finding, seeking the truth which is the only thing that can save us all. You are either in or out, no other way.

 

© 2013 AfroCarib Lifestyle's & Achiever's


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on August 19, 2013
Last Updated on August 19, 2013