Coffee, flash fiction

Coffee, flash fiction

A Story by Afyn
"

Not Nearly The end.

"
My feet are near the edge, the ground looks so far away. Almost a lifetime away. As I stand there a faint scent drifts up from the street below. Coffee, strong and black just like I drink it. The sound of laughing fills my ears as I drift back to that time, it was only a few weeks ago but again it feels like a lifetime away. 
         I can’t remember what we were laughing about, of course not, it was something stupid, though. Oh, I remember, we had just seen a cat fall out of one of the windows of the houses. It wasn’t exactly funny, but for some reason, the shared experience of it had made us both laugh. 
         I whimper as my mind, unable to stop, sifts through old memories of her. I remember when she left, driving off into the distance. I watched the car drive off. But her eyes appeared in the car mirror, ‘follow me’ they seemed to say. But I didn’t I sat on the kerb and cried. Now three weeks later I’m so lonely I want to end myself. 
         I don’t jump. I don’t even think about it again. Not as I’m climbing down. Not as I get into my car. 
                   Not even as I go to find her.

© 2016 Afyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A story this short rarely manages to impress me, but this one did the trick.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016
Tags: end, coffee, flash fiction, short, story, love, angst, small