Cup Pt. 2

Cup Pt. 2

A Story by Anna

So last night i had a dream.  There were two of me, an older (more present-stage) self, and the child version of me.  First, i was inhabiting my present-age self, running around and trapped in the house i grew up in - i was being hunted; hunted by an enormous, hideous monster (which i cannot remember anything more descriptive about) that was circling the outside of the house, looking in the windows for me.  It found me by looking through a window.....i tried to plea with this beast to let me live, and tried to come up with reasons why i am still useful to this world. The monster was the wiser, and rebutted my pleas, deciding that i am worthless and must be destroyed. 

I then inhabited my child-self, went onto the open porch and faced the monster with frightened confidence.  The monster said that due to changes in the world around me (it described the changes within the dream, but i don't remember much more than it showing me a "typed decree" explaining why certain people are to be exterminated), i was to die.  I begin to reason with the monster and explain all the reasons why i am still useful in this world and should be allowed to live...i had much more to accomplish.  The monster was at first hesitant, testing my confidence and faith in the words i was saying...i was insistent...and then he agreed that i was right, and that i should go on living.

 

i think today is a new day.

Thank you, God.

© 2008 Anna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on February 27, 2008
Last Updated on February 27, 2008

Author

Anna
Anna

Milwaukee, WI



About
i've traveled far in my short life, and i don't necessarily mean in "distance" terms. I put God above all else. He is the one to make all things beautiful and yet still love what has been destroyed... more..

Writing
Bookmark Bookmark

A Story by Anna


Bored. Bored.

A Story by Anna