MR.X - a mystery

MR.X - a mystery

A Story by Sparsa Chowdary

Knock ! Knock! Came the sound. Annie walked towards the door, still the news on the TV continued to run," sources say that this murder too may be done by the same Mr.X whom the police are in search of for many months. The senior inspector Mr. Harry is in charge of .. " Annie opened the door, but could not find anyone there. "May be the wind", Annie thought and returned to the kitchen and made herself busy in cleaning utensils. It was night 9 o clock by then.Her husband ,Harry was a senior inspector and was out on duty that day. Knock! Knock ! Again came the sound. Annie was angry. She went again and opened the door only to find no one there. As she was about to close the door, her eyes fell on a parcel on the floor. She took up the parcel. 'TO ANNIE WITH LOVE' was written on it. She went inside and opened the parcel. There were a bunch of letters in it. As she read the first one, it read,' if you want your daughter safe and sound, then do whatever I say' Annie rushed to the bedroom . Her daughter was not in the cradle . 'Lisa' she cried and searched the entire house but of no use. With tears, she read the next letter, ' don't waste time and call up to this number and say ' I have done it' ' Annie immediately called up to that number. "Hello! Who's this? " " I have done it ...I have done it" Annie said. " Who's speaking " came the reply. Annie hung the phone. Few minutes later, she got a call ," Hello" Annie answered. " What have you done Annie! Have you gone mad!! Do you know, you have put me in trouble " " Harry! " Annie was shocked. " Harry! There's a problem.. " Before she could speak anything, the phone hung. The phone rang again. " Hello Harry! Listen to me. Lisa..Lisa is.. " " Yeah kidnapped.. It's me ", came the reply. "Who are you? What do you want? " asked Annie. " I'm speaking to you not to answer your questions. Just do what I say. Drive down to the corner of your street and enter the house no.45 " " ok ok Go and do what " the line was cut by then. Annie ran to the garage and drove to the house no. 45. She entered in and saw that the door was open. She went inside slowly and saw someone sitting at the fire place. She went close and touched the man from the back ," Excuse me" as she drew closer she saw that the man was dead. She jumped back and shouted . She was shocked. As she turned around , she saw a group of policemen and Harry with a helpless face . " So ,you have done it. Didn't you? "a policeman said with a serious face and handcuffs in his hand. Annie's shocking face turned to a smiling one and she laughed.," Yes sir. We have done it." she snapped . Everyone laughed. Some of the cops brought a man with handcuffed hands, the man's face still in a confused state.
In the early hours that day-
"Mr.X is creating a choas in the city. The sequence murders are creating a mystery. The millionaires are targeted and murdered..." the news came on the TV. " Be careful as you are handling this case " Annie said as she put up Harry's breakfast on the table. Harry sat at the table and said, " Have to put up a full stop to this Mr.X. If you were not on leave due to your post delivery, we would have solved this case together. By the way, this fellow is quite interesting. He doesn't harm any other person who comes his way and after the murder he leaves a note ' Happy journey ' near the body. His murders are for a reason. As if taking a revenge. " " So, he doesn't want to claim a murder that he had not done , right " Annie was in a different thought . " Obviously not" Harry said as he finished his food. " Then why not plan something to trick him? " Annie said. Harry listened to her carefully. That was then when he asked Mr. Paul to involve in his case and asked him to act as if murdered. The cops then informed the media that it was done by Mr.X. As planned, to come out of the crime Mr.X pulled Annie into the case as if taking revenge of the cop who declared that the murder was done by him.
At present -
" Nothing can happen to my daughter .I have put a GPS to her by which the cops can trace her and even you. Yes, it was a risk for me, but for a policewoman without risk, truth cannot come out" Annie said to the Mr.X. " You have done very wrong. I'll never leave you . " Mr.X shouted as the cops dragged him out. One of the police handed her the baby. Annie hugged her tight and kissed her. Harry came close and gave his wife and daughter a hug and kissed on her forehead.forehead, " I'm proud of you" he said. " I'm on duty from tomorrow sir" Annie said a laugh.

© 2015 Sparsa Chowdary


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on June 23, 2015
Last Updated on June 23, 2015

Author

Sparsa Chowdary
Sparsa Chowdary

Visakhapatnam , India



About
I am a happy go lucky girl. I love writing very much. So I want to learn and explore more about poems, stories, songs...as all these fascinate me. If you have any advices regarding improvement in writ.. more..

Writing