Ossyria (Part 2)

Ossyria (Part 2)

A Story by Ahira Jen
"

Ellin's adventure is coming to and end. Will she wither in the cold storm or will her friendship bloom with the mysterious boy?

"

Ellin shivered as the wind blew stronger and stronger, “W-Where is he…” She could feel the life force being sucked out from her bit by bit, seeping into the cold winter day.


“Ellin!” a familiar voice called her but she wasn’t able to pinpoint the exact location because of the blistering storm.


“Boy, is that you…?” her voice began to die out. She could feel her nostrils and throat bare from saliva accompanied by a cold burning sensation.


“Ellin! Where are you? I’ve got the potion!” cried the boy, still not in sight.


“That’s good…I’m…here…!” Ellin cried out with her last ounce of energy before falling onto the white snow.


After several minutes of searching, the boy finally found Ellin barely alive and partially covered in snow. “Ellin!” he rushed over to her side, “Are you alright? Let me warm you up…” he held Ellin in his arms, comforting her with his body heat, “My God, you’re cold to the touch…! I need to get to back to my room fast.”


The boy held Ellin in his arms and spread his angelic wings. Howling wolves could be heard nearby, “The wolves are coming, I need to get out of here and fast.” he mumbled to himself before speeding off into the storm.


Upon reaching his room, the boy placed Ellin on his bed, “Ellin, I’m so sorry for leaving you alone just now…I-I could’ve brought you with me and this wouldn’t…!” he sniffed, “I was really excited to help you…b-because you were my first friend. All the other kids were petrified when they knew about my wings, only you stood there in awe.”

“I-It’s…okay…”


“Ellin?!”


Ellin slowly opened her eyes, “I’m glad…to be your first friend,” she let out a warm smile to him, “and…I’m also glad that you’re safe…”


“Ellin don’t talk, I’ll go get the fireplace ready to warm you up!” the boy said as he got up and rushed to the fire place. He set the firewood inside of his small makeshift fireplace. He fumbled as he stuck the head against the striking surface. Missing only a few inches from his wooden flooring, the match set the firewood alight.


Ellin eased into the boy’s comfy bed, her thoughts drifted back to Rowen. Ellin jolted up but was held back by the boy, “Easy, you need your rest to regain your magic powers.”


“But…Rowen…!”


“You need to rest. El Nath and Ellinia are rather far apart from each other. You need to regain your strength before your journey back. Please, I don’t want you to collapse halfway back.”


Seeing the look in the boy’s eyes, Ellin gave into his urging request. After a few days, Ellin regained most of her strength back but was eager to go back to Ellinia. Sadly, it will take approximately two or three whole days just to get back and she has already spent excessive time at El Nath.


The boy gave Ellin the all cure potion, “Take it before you forget.” Ellin took the glass vial and clasped it in her small hands, “Wait for me, Rowen. I’ll definitely save you…”


Suddenly, a heavy knock was heard from the door. The boy rushed and opened the door, an old man who held a staff and clad in a blue robe, lined with yellow linings.


“Old geezer!”


“A-Alcaster?!” Ellin gasped.


“Ah, Ellin!” Alcaster let out a jolly laugh, “It has been some time since I last saw you. I still remember how adorable you looked back then when your wings were just starting to sprout.”


Ellin leaped into Alcaster’s warm embrace, “I missed you too, Alcky!”


“A-Alcky?” the boy laughed, “Sounds more like ‘icky’”


“Watch your mouth, Finny, or I will turn you into a bird like last time!” Alcaster shot.


“Sorry…”


Ellin let go of Alcaster, “So your name is Finny?”


“Yep! Finny’s the name and flying is my game!” Finny grinned.


Alcaster laughed and was soon joined by Ellin and Finny. Ellin suddenly realised, “Oh no, I need to get back to Rowen!”


“Rowen? What happened to him, Ellin?” Alcaster asked.


“He fell sick and is unable to recover even with the Elder’s legendary magic. Since I knew you personally, the Elder sent me to get the all cure potion from you.” Ellin explained, “But there’s no need for that now. I have it already, Finny gave it to me earlier.”


“Oh so that was why Finny was in a rush a few days ago.”


Alcaster explained the incident that happened a few days back and Ellin got a good laugh, “You were that worried Finn?” she giggled cheerfully.


“H-Hey! I have every right to be worried! After all you asked for my help…so I took responsibility of it.” Finny looked away as he blushed.


Ellin turned to Alcaster, “Alcky, I have a request.”


“What is it, my dear?”


“Send me back to Ellinia pronto!”


“That is a task in which I could easily do. Where specifically?” Alcaster asked further into detail.


“To Rowen’s house.”


Alcaster chanted a few words and a warm fuzzy light began to surround Ellin. Finny looked at Ellin in dismay, “You’re going to leave…?”


Ellin looked at Finny and reached her hand to touch his cheek, “Don’t worry Finn I’ll be back soon,” she leaned forward and kissed his cheek gently, “Thank you for helping me Finn! You’re a really great friend.” Ellin smiled sweetly before disappearing into a cluster of lights, radiating a warm and fuzzy sensation as they dissolved into its surrounding atmosphere.

© 2015 Ahira Jen


Author's Note

Ahira Jen
Final part of my short series - Ossyria
Hope you guys enjoy it and check out my Facebook page!
>https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ahira-Jen/832839086771666?ref=hl<
Thank you for all the support~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on May 6, 2015
Last Updated on May 6, 2015