Reality

Reality

A Story by Ahira Jen
"

I wrote this for a test in school. Surprisingly, the teacher loved it and laughed slightly too hard.

"

Okay, so, I had this crazy dream. Well it wasn’t exactly a dream because it was too “real” to be a dream. Like ultra-reality, you know? Anyway, this was my “dream”.


So I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn’t sleep. I thought to myself I needed a walk, to clear my head. I got up and got changed. As I was about to leave my room, there was a cat lying at my doorstep. I love cats but my family doesn’t. So I don’t own a cat but there was a cat sleeping soundly at my doorstep. I needed a companion or I’ll feel lonely. I grabbed the cat, it retaliated a little but it calmed down soon after. I hooked its collar onto a leash and we went out for a walk.


I decided to name it Cairo. I liked the name.


We walked for a good 15 minutes and I felt a tug on the leash. I thought that Cairo was dead tired from walking and was on the ground, paws spread open, sleeping. I turned around �" it was standing. CAIRO STOOD UP.


“Cairo?”


“LOOK HERE MISSY. First off, my name isn’t Cairo. It’s Puss in Boots. Unleash me this instant!” Cairo, I mean Puss in Boots yelled.


I was horrified. A standing and talking cat. Ha.


I let go of the leash and ran as fast as my short legs would let me. That was when I collided head on with a tree. Okay call me weird but there was a bloody tree in the middle of the walkway. Who plants a goddamn tree in the middle of a walkway these days? Oh right, insane people �" like me.


I poked the tree to check if it was real or not and hell yeah it was. It even stood up and turned around, “I am Groot!” it shouted.


            Confused, “Who?”


            “I AM GROOT,” it shouted louder.


            I ran the other direction. I had enough of this dream. I wanted to wake up. I wanted to be back on my comfortable bed. Sleeping. My god. Is that too much to ask?


I was so caught up in my thoughts until I tripped onto something and I fell.


I fell for a good 5 seconds and I was too scared to open my eyes. Next thing I knew I landed on something soft. I presumed it was my bed and tried to sleep but there were things poking me. I sat up. It was then I realized this wasn’t my bed, it was a mushroom.


I looked around. It was lightly illuminated by glowing mushrooms. I saw a bunny wearing a top hat and holding a pocket watch in its left paw, or hand, or whatever.


It looked at me excitedly, “Alice! Alice! You’re finally here!”


That’s it. I snapped, “MY NAME IS NOT ALICE.”


I slapped myself and I woke up in my room. I have a sigh of relief but then when I looked at my doorstep, there was a cat there. I don’t own a cat.

© 2016 Ahira Jen


Author's Note

Ahira Jen
I wrote it real quick and I didn't have much time to proofread it. Thus, ignore the grammar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
Added on July 9, 2016
Last Updated on July 9, 2016
Tags: groot, alice in wonderland, puss in boots, shrek, alice, guardians of the galaxy, fantasy, adventure, dream, reference, fiction