darkest hours

darkest hours

A Story by Anna Ali
"

He escaped those darkest hours, but he can't escape those memories of the horrific moments that flashes every time in his mind

"
As he turned around all he could see is the falling rows of the dead bodies of his classmates. A wave of shiver runs down his spine as he saw two gunmen holding AK47 spraying bullets all over the classroom. It takes him no longer of a moment to understand that his school got attacked by the terrorists.
Quickly, he turns and start moving toward the door through which he can escape but in a very next moment he felt something teared apart his left ear. His green sweater got soaked by the blood flowing down through his neck by his ear. There was no other option left excepts, to lie down and play dead . Those wearing big black boots pumping bullets into little bodies mercilessly.
Lying down there he was shivering, reciting holy ayah. Although, it was a chilling weather but the drops clear drops of sweat sparkling upon his forehead . Pouring blood from his ear stained his whole uniform, he got a brutal kick on his legs but he did not move, his breath got chucked, throat gets dry. He got hit again, but remains still. Otherwise, he got shot dead like his friends and classmates.
He take sigh of relief when he felt that the sound of running bullets got stopped.
He got up and take a look around the classroom. He saw hi friends lying there taking their last breath his heart was crying because he can't do anything to save them he starting walking through the back door of the classroom to the nearest washroom to hide there as he feared that those militant will get back at any time and, will kill him if they found him alive. As he entered the washroom he saw three other teachers were already hidden there terror can be seen clearly in there eyes he to hides behind the washroom's door. One of the female teacher from three of them said to another male teacher to call her husband and ask him to come and rescue us, as her husband is an army officer, But before he could dial a number. Those beast holding heavy guns bursts in, and start firing toward those teachers. From behind the door he got shocked by the sudden attack, he tightly grips one hand on his mouth to avoid screaming. They set his teacher on fire in front of his eyes by throwing some chemical on her, dreadful screaming teared the sky into two , seeing her burning in flames and turning into ashes they left to to target other classes where students hide themselves under the benches by smelling the approaching danger. It was hard for him to stay there as the flames get caught by the wooden doors of the washroom and the whole area starts getting burned. So, he went back to his class where few minutes ago the horrific blood game have been played with the little children. He takes a look at the lifeless faces of his friends which were blooming like a flower, a couple of hours ago. He found two of his classmates are still alive. But they are more injured then him. He lay down with them helplessly thinking will somebody come to rescue us?
Sounds of heavy footsteps breaks the chain of his thoughts, As he raised his head he saw an armed soldier standing at the door. Wave of spark sparkles in his eyes.
With the help of that soldier he and his classmates walks out of the class. As, that started walking through the corridor. They've to cross the endless dead bodies over the floor.He was shifted to the nearest military hospital where he went through the 2 hours surgery which fix the two separated parts of his ear.
Two months later, he along with his mother went to the school as the school administration called the survived students along with their parents on its reopening ceremony. As he entered the school memories flash back in his mind as he saw the pasted pictures and posters of martyred ones. His heart sinks for a while.
He promised himself that after completing his education, he will join the army and take the revenge of his martyred friends and will serve his country against those evil terrorist attacks

© 2015 Anna Ali


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
Added on October 28, 2015
Last Updated on October 29, 2015
Tags: horrific attack, young brave soul

Author

Anna Ali
Anna Ali

Hyderabad, hyderbad lines, Pakistan



About
Writing is my passion. and i love to read and write. for me writing is an art. filling the colours of words in colourless feelings i love to give words to the unexplained emotions and feelings. more..

Writing
Letter to you Letter to you

A Story by Anna Ali