But Of Course

But Of Course

A Story by Aimee Olivera
"

Sorry, this is a bit dark...

"

“No I won’t!”

But of course I do, I am just a girl, so of course I do.

“Please mother, don’t make me.”

But of course she does, she has no say - she’s just a woman, so of course she does.

“I don’t want you to do it!”

But of course he does, he’s a man, he has bought me, so of course he does.

“Get off, let go!!!”

But of course he doesn’t, he has no emotions �" only cold eyes and strong hands, so of course he doesn’t.

“She’s my baby, don’t hurt her!”

But of course they do, we are poor �" she’s just a dowry, so of course they do.

“I was his wife, don’t take the money!”

But of course they do, I’m just a poor, broken woman, so of course they do.

“I’m dying, just one bowl?”

But of course she doesn't, I am dirty, crazy, worthless, useless, of course she doesn't.

“Father, please! Don’t you remember?! Let me back, don’t shut the door!”

But of course he does, a disgrace, a waste of time and money, of course he does.

“Leave me alone!”

But of course they don’t, I’m just a shell of a person - do what you want; I am past caring, so of course they don’t.

“Just let me die, I am nothing, I am dirty, crazy, worthless, useless.”

And of course I do, that is my only one true joy in this world, so of course I do.

© 2015 Aimee Olivera


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on April 6, 2015
Last Updated on April 6, 2015

Author

Aimee Olivera
Aimee Olivera

Cork, Ireland



About
Never judge a book by its cover, I am 13, do not read my work with that in mind, judge me as if I were an adult. Criticism is only reasonable if you have a reason. more..

Writing