The View of a Lifetime

The View of a Lifetime

A Story by AirieLeva

It was mostly dark out in the world past the glass, the darkness a looming figure, surrounding and consuming all the light that was left from the day. Yet, on the other side the glass there was light. Brightening what was left and fighting off the night. Street lights illuminated a stone covered pathway.
“Wow,” a voice behind me whispers.
I shrug, not really having an opinion on the matter as of right now. It looked like any other night out on a road, minus any cars squealing down an otherwise silent street, tires skidding as they wake up the neighborhood with the noise. Instead birds chirped, and in the distance, far past the greenery, there was a slight rumbling. Sounding like the stomach of a hungry giant.
“Come on,” Opal says, walking past me. “We came here to see what all the praise was about; we can’t do that standing around at the entrance.”
“I wouldn’t say that; the entrance is kind of alluring,” someone else points out.
One by one they all take off, following the lights down the walkway. Rolling my eyes, I can do nothing but follow. The farther we went, the louder the noise got; flowers started showing up. Bright, happy colors, giving off a beautiful aroma, causing us to start to relax.
“What’s that?” I ask, pointing to the spot where the crashing sound was coming from,
blaring down like a fierce drum roll.
Without waiting for a response, I walk over to it, only to find what looked like a waterfall. Blue-green water colliding against a series of rock, before pooling at the bottom, nothing more than a calm indoor pool. It was odd that something that had been so violent at one point was able to reach such a calm immediately afterwards.
The moonlight shown through the crystal roof, reflecting into the water, creating a mysterious art design on the shore. And finally, we all knew exactly why people came to the hidden place under the glass.
Not for the beauty but for the peace and the calmness they were able to find while they were there.

© 2019 AirieLeva


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how you write. You make the story come alive for the reader.
"The moonlight shown through the crystal roof, reflecting into the water, creating a mysterious art design on the shore. And finally, we all knew exactly why people came to the hidden place under the glass.
Not for the beauty but for the peace and the calmness they were able to find while they were there."
I loved the above lines. I look forward to reading more of your work. Thank you for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 3, 2019
Last Updated on May 3, 2019

Author

AirieLeva
AirieLeva

Los Angeles, CA



About
I believe that through books the world and everyone in it can still find hope, even at the darkest of times. The real heroes are the ones that you find within yourself when you and others are in need... more..

Writing
The Moment The Moment

A Poem by AirieLeva