Absolve from sin.

Absolve from sin.

A Story by Akansha
"

A childhood memory that soothenes the present life that has faded all liveliness.

"
When the dusk had begun to fall ; stripping the moon and the pedestrian was flooded with wishy -washy ; thoughtfully the astir  , there lay the still ones : frantically, some with flickered rags &severed limbs . But surprisingly all were on the same path ; the one that lead to the Pir. The narrow dingy lanes were surprisingly leading to exquisite , though some may oppose to the elegance . I always felt a strong connection to the dargah , reasons being my soft shell ; mother . Well , I remember visiting the small dargah that my village had , I was  just a toddler back then and I clearly remember the strong toddling skills I used to persuade her to let me accompany. Ge-table  to all religion was this alluring place , where there were no Gods but inanimate humans. I was walking down a different path but surprisingly the destination was not strange at all . I had been there ,though it was a decade ago , but I believed my harbor was native to me. With amamahas and turbans , abayas and sari ; my eyes  was startled at the oneness. I pondered over ,what possibly might unite  people of such a country that solitary were fanatics of their religion and the answer  was "Sin". Channeling my way through the hustle , I  stepped into the enshrined dargah. I could see  people all around , only men inside the main dargah ; because women could be a disaster , folks on the floor  and the scroungers  lined up . The have and the have-nots , all held the same multi colored thread  waiting for their prayer to be heard. Interestingly , all desired something ;some forgiveness , some wealth , some success , some peace ,some health and alash ! 'Some life' ; from a offed pir. As a kid the word atheist fascinated me a lot , I questioned my mother over all most all religious proceeding . But exams and  fear all settled the fascination  ; as God always came to rescue . I turned religious for important occasions like the exams , the results and of course any petty problem .To affirm my belief in god  was questionable as I, being an inherent  debater chose often to be the vigorous opponent. I cherished  those triumph jiffs as an atheist.But its was just the intellect that won , my heart was too fragile to question my audacity, deep down I was religious and could never settle to the counter arguments of my brain . The herculean battle with my self ended up in the house of the Pir . The knobby falls and uplifts from being an atheist to non -atheist was indeed fussy. As I acclimated myself with the clamorous scene of the dargah , I was composed by the tranquility of the devotees . Standing  by the lattice screens of the grand dargah,  I held the thread of  mannat (hope) ; with literally no desires flooding  ; I sat by the jalis , struggling to pool up all I desired. Amid the chaos I was gushed by the wind of serenity ; like an exam I recalled all my desires ,as I secured my thread of hope.

 As I walked through the marble courtyard my feet felt the warmth of the sun baked marbles & my eyes spotted the naked feet of the scroungers ; indeed the celestial  had showed no mercy. To me, the dargah meant ease and happiness ; it  was like an aisle that walked me  down to my childhood , something that made me feel home . I believed in the inert master of the dargah , I had made peace with myself. The incredible dargah was indeed secular ; home to all - it was ganga to the Hindus , Mecca to the Muslims & Darbar Sahib to the Sikhs. To the ones ,  shrouded in unhappiness; god was one . Fanatics & Fundamentalism was a hobby to the contented . The scented dark green cloth , showered rose petals and burning incense sticks before the shrines , embellished the exquisiteness of the dargah  - " The Absolver of Sin" . 

© 2018 Akansha


Author's Note

Akansha
Ignore grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

65 Views
Added on April 10, 2018
Last Updated on April 10, 2018
Tags: Memoirs, pir, religious, faith, childhood, love

Author

Akansha
Akansha

New Delhi, Delhi, India



About
I am someone who celebrates her every tiny little joy by penning them down who lets her word read aloud her melancholy. Writing is my forever escape from solitude. more..