THE CONDEMNED

THE CONDEMNED

A Poem by Akinlolu

Eventually, they cut him with a sword from Vulcan's forge.
Expelled him with a fury
that flowed like a volcanic surge.
Locked him up like a convict in a criminals' lodge.
They slammed him with the gavel of the most high judge.

Image Credit: Pixabay

© 2023 Akinlolu


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your poem is incredibly powerful and evocative. The way that you describe the violence and injustice that the subject of your poem experiences is both moving and disturbing. Your use of vivid imagery and metaphor is particularly effective, and it helps to create a sense of urgency and intensity in the reader. I think that your poem is a testament to the power of art to help us process our emotions and connect with others.

Posted 10 Months Ago


Akinlolu

10 Months Ago

Thanks Bhuyanshi. I appreciate the encouragement that your review gives me to continue writing. Grac.. read more
I wonder people like you lose interest in women as they age... I am sorry it is not satire, it is fact asking you, is it every man does, yea i think so you are also one among them. you didnt even find out what happened to my charges and judgement, and dont say that i took revenge, i am protecting you from her.

Posted 11 Months Ago


Cool down sir, nobody is putting you in Jail, for the sin you owe, but i have gone to that charges though innocent, who saved my innocence though black spell did their work, its God and good people around me who has better attitude, try to wakeup and design the character such that you are helpful to society., dear lady. Now the God didnt saved you,sir, its the innocent soul, with good attitude and loving heart. Hope you understand where you are running back of.

Posted 11 Months Ago


Exactly, these are provocateurs... hope you understood now even. I see the statement below and repeating it here the provocateurs.

Posted 11 Months Ago


His treatment felt extreme and though not explicitly written, unfair.
The condemnation seemed full and final and he had no way of extricating himself from it.
Your words are profound and leave a powerful impact on the reader.

They could be words in a very gripping story and I'm an interested reader.

Posted 11 Months Ago


Akinlolu

11 Months Ago

There are so many factors involved in what we call justice. Sometimes what we call circumstantial ev.. read more
DIVYA

10 Months Ago

I enjoyed the read. You're most welcome.
and that is old time justice...

Maybe the justice system has just gotten too complex for its own good.
j.

Posted 11 Months Ago


Akinlolu

11 Months Ago

I'm tempted to believe that justice got so polished and sophisticated that it lost its way.. Justice.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2023
Last Updated on June 22, 2023

Author

Akinlolu
Akinlolu

Lagos, South west Nigeria, Nigeria



About
Akinlolu will not consider himself the best of writers until he becomes a hundred years old. In the meantime he strives towards becoming the best by continually writing poetic descriptions and critici.. more..

Writing
PA PA

A Poem by Akinlolu