Tom Riley/Slenderman

Tom Riley/Slenderman

A Story by Christina Reed
"

Before he was Slenderman.

"
Before he was an internet myth, Tom Riley was just an ordinary boy in Corpus Christi, with an abormal height and being so slim he almost remained unnoticable amung the trees around him. He was the most intelligent, bright, sparkling young man, unfortunately surrounded by idiots who knew nothing about anybody else than themselves and never opening their eyes and hearts to anything else beyond 6 foot and average quotations and intelligence. Nobody understood his incredible brain and no one respected his mighty physique by pushing, shoving and kicking him. Calling him names, such as "Long-Tom" and "Long-bottom", he would bend over in his bathroom at night looking at himself in the mirror muttering: "Long-Tom. Long-Bottom" at himself before crying. In the end, he withdrew completely from all social activity and just stood behind the trees on the playground, watching the children play. Tom loved the trees, they were the only thing that were taller than him. 
A particular child caught his attention, by falling in front of him, lifting himself up by grabbing Tom's knees, bigger than his hands. This child was Jonathan, aged 6, who looked up at him, the hands still on Tom's knees, with wide, sorrowful eyes. He then let out a tiny prayer hidden under his childish voice: "Please take me away from here." 
Tom grabbed Jonathan by the collar and slung him over his shoulder like a dead deer or a hunting rifle. All the muscles in Jonathan's frail body calmed down and the knots in his back smoothed out as Tom was running his fingers up and down on Jonathan's spine. 

© 2013 Christina Reed


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, this was a very interesting story! Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


wow, this was a very interesting story! Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2013
Last Updated on June 13, 2013

Author

Christina Reed
Christina Reed

Copenhagen, Denmark



About
I have a lot going on in my mind lately. more..

Writing