Love

Love

A Poem by Alex Gonzales

When the sun rises, and the rain drops on flowers sparkle, the wind stops for just a second and the world goes silent. The moon has said it's goodbyes and the grass sings with joy, the only other beautiful moment that awaits is the sound of foot steps on the wooden floor. The seas begin to flutter as the sky turns from orange to blue and for these moments everything makes sense. The smell of lavender fills the air as the shower runs, the smell steals perfection even from the most beautiful of fields. The trees dance with excitement and the clouds glide slowly to take in the world below it. Time feels non existent, yet the leaves fall to earth from the branches above. The sound of rain suddenly stops and my veins feel like running water. My nerves begin to argue and gravity suddenly gains strength. The birds out side gaze through my window, waiting for me to move. Then suddenly time begins to move in all directions, the door opens and the only thing in existence that needs no explanation emerges. Deeper than any oceans bowl yet brighter than any galaxy or star. No words from any language could describe this moment, to begin searching for answers becomes unuseful. Love. This is love.

© 2016 Alex Gonzales


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You created a clear description from setting and sight to smell and sound. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I admire the imagery and language used to describe the feelings of being in love.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2016
Last Updated on August 30, 2016

Author

Alex Gonzales
Alex Gonzales

Luling , TX



About
My names Alex, I usually never show any one my writing because in all honesty, no one knows I even enjoy writing. However, I'd like to express my interest more with others who also enjoy it. I am not .. more..

Writing